We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Letty, Tip Top IV, or Natural Paradise?

3 posts
Letty, Tip Top IV, or Natural Paradise?
Save

I've been doing a lot of research trying to narrow down which boat/itinerary to take in December of this year. We want to get to 3 of the 4 outer islands on an 8 day cruise, so that narrowed our choices. Currently looking at Tip Top IV, Letty, and Natural Paradise. Also considering Yolita since it's a little cheaper and has a great itinerary. And looking at Endemic in case we decide to go for broke.

Letty and Tip Top IV have very similar itineraries - they both go to Genovesa, Isabela, and Fernandina. Natural Paradise goes to Isabela, Fernandina, and Espanola. It's more expensive and also probably a bit nicer. So here are my questions:

Which is better in December - Espanola or Genovesa? We are most interested in wildlife and good snorkeling.

Between the Tip Top IV and Letty, is one considered better than the other, and why? Pricing is similar.

If we decide on the Letty do we book directly with Ecoventura? Or should we contact a travel agent, and if so, are there any recommendations for good ones? I would prefer to work with someone in the US if possible, just for my own comfort.

Does anyone have any opinion on the Yolita, with GAdventures?

Thank you in advance. I can't believe how overwhelming this process is!

Here are the itineraries of the Letty and Tip Top IV for comparison:

Letty Itinerary B

1 San Cristobal

Kicker Rock

2 Genovesa - Darwin Bay/Prince Phillips Steps

3 Santa Cruz - Bachas Beach/Dragon Hill

4 Isabela - Punta Vincent Roca/Urbina Bay

5 Fernandina - Punta Espinoza

Isabela - Tagus Cove

6 Rabida

Santiago - Puerto Egas

7 Santa Cruz - Darwin Research Station/Twin Craters

8 San Cristobal - interpretation center

Tip Top IV Itinerary 1

1 Baltra

North Seymour

2 Genovesa - Darwin Bay/Prince Phillips Steps

3 Santiago - James Bay/Buccaneer Cove

4 Isabela - Punta Vincent Roca

Fernandina - Punta Espinoza

5 Isabela - Tagus Cove/Elizabeth Bay

6 Isabela - Urbina Bay/Punta Moreno

7 Floreana - Punta Cormorant/Baroness lookout

8 Santa Cruz - Twin Craters/Highlands

Edited: 26 June 2022, 01:12
1 reply
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
12 posts
115 reviews
50 helpful votes
1. Re: Letty, Tip Top IV, or Natural Paradise?
Save

We are booked on the Letty leaving this Saturday. I booked directly with Ecoventura. We are doing itinerary B. I will let you know how it is afterwards.

Reply to: Letty, Tip Top IV, or Natural Paradise?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted