We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Covid test in Galapagos

northwest
Level Contributor
12 posts
33 reviews
11 helpful votes
Covid test in Galapagos
Save

We will be doing an intrepid tour to Galapagos Islands in one week. We finish that one and doing another in Peru. Our flight to Lima, Peru, leaves the morning our tour ends in Quito (basically the day after we get back from Galapagos. I was wondering is there someplace to take a PCR covid test on Santa Cruz Island? I heard a negative PCR test is needed to fly to Lima. Thanks!

3 replies to this topic
San Diego...
Level Contributor
179 posts
1. Re: Covid test in Galapagos
Save

I was told to get tested when we land in Quito from the Galapagos and cross our fingers it’s done in time. We are in the same position… though I still am not sure if a rapid test is okay to return to the US.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
2,266 posts
7 reviews
6 helpful votes
2. Re: Covid test in Galapagos
Save

A rapid test is totally fine to re enter. You can find the proctor ones on Emed.com and a few other places too. I’ve used them a number of times to renter at this point, the great thing is it’s on your schedule.

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Galapagos Islands
Level Contributor
4,696 posts
19 reviews
21 helpful votes
3. Re: Covid test in Galapagos
Save

Dear OOKE,

before anything, I would confirm entry requirements for Peru. Best to be sure of that - otherwise, you might have problems. This looks reliable (they quote government decrees): https://www.limaeasy.com/peru-guide/legal-stuff/covid-entry-requirements-and-travel-regulations-for-peru

Seems that if you are full vaccinated and can show proof of that, it's all you need. Otherwise, you need to show proof of a negative PCR test no older than 72 hours. Just like entering into Ecuador. But these change frequently - it's always good to check a few days before you travel. If you're working with a travel agent, they should have all the answers for you.

Warmest regards,

Heather Blenkiron

CNH Tours

Reply to: Covid test in Galapagos
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted