We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Non-resident airfare Avianca

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
66 posts
Non-resident airfare Avianca
Save

Hello, I am still at loss about this. I go to Avianca website, select even United States / English website. Put a date (beginning of June), I see all options XS - L. Absolutely no mention of resident vs non-resident. I look at Flight details, flight restrictions, anything I can look at and see no mention that I need to book L. How would someone be supposed to just "know" they have to book L? There's no mention of any fee if I book a lower package (I just need S). Is it possible that for some reason there is no difference at the moment? Or is it some scam by Avianca to get people to pay the fine?

4 replies to this topic
Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Galapagos Islands
Level Contributor
4,693 posts
19 reviews
21 helpful votes
1. Re: Non-resident airfare Avianca
Save

Dear Peter -

there is no "fine". If you pay the resident fee, they will simply have you pay the difference at the airport when they realize you are not a resident.

As for not seeing anything on the website - I can't help with that.

Warmest regards,

Heather Blenkiron

Medellin, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia, Ecuador, Medellin, Bogota, Cartagena
Level Contributor
4,894 posts
283 reviews
87 helpful votes
2. Re: Non-resident airfare Avianca
Save

I agree with the above run down as it is consistent with my understanding.

SAV

Chiari, Italy
Level Contributor
21 posts
127 reviews
143 helpful votes
3. Re: Non-resident airfare Avianca
Save

Hi Guys, according to LATAM flights to GPS, I bought PreEconomy TOP fare (W) on LATAM Ecuador website, as an italian tourist. Avianca for tourist is L fare (the lowest for non-resident).

This price was about 380€ r/t bought on Jan 2022, when costs were generally low cause of pandemic.

Hope it will be ok. I should fly on Jun 4th 2022

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
66 posts
4. Re: Non-resident airfare Avianca
Save

Where exactly did you see that L is the lowest tourist fare for Avianca? I can't find it on their website. Thanks

Reply to: Non-resident airfare Avianca
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted