We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

60's plus couple 7 night vs 4 night cruise?

Level Contributor
11 posts
31 reviews
25 helpful votes
60's plus couple 7 night vs 4 night cruise?
Save

We are planning a cruise to Galapagos in February 2023. We are looking at some time on a 16 passenger boat and some time on land. We are experienced boaters and snorkelers. Suggestions on doing the 7 night /8 day vs. 4 night cruise? Currently looking at Natural Paradise (as Cormorant is out of commission now) ship (16 passenger), suggestion on that versus larger ship? Also thinking we would like a little down time on one of the islands. We are only going to go to Galapagos once and want to make the best decision/itinerary possible. Thank you

4 replies to this topic
Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Galapagos Islands
Level Contributor
4,651 posts
19 reviews
21 helpful votes
1. Re: 60's plus couple 7 night vs 4 night cruise?
Save

Dear Mary,

If you've been dreaming of visiting these fabled islands for a long time and if you like being up close and personal with animals, both above and below the sea, a 7 night cruise will be just right. I just got off a 7 night cruise last weekend and it was wonderful. Taking a few days post-cruise to zen-out afterwards is never a bad idea of course. I spent a few days in Puerto Ayora earlier this week both to relax, but also to catch up with old friends and colleagues there.

Warmest regards,

Heather Blenkiron

CNH Tours

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
13,698 posts
111 reviews
133 helpful votes
2. Re: 60's plus couple 7 night vs 4 night cruise?
Save

Agree with Heather to take the 7n/8d cruise. But check the itinerary carefully to see that it will get you out to the more distant, uninhabited islands and does not return to port halfway to pick up more passengers (in other words, a back-to-back 4d cruise).

Palm Desert...
Level Contributor
1,420 posts
235 reviews
66 helpful votes
3. Re: 60's plus couple 7 night vs 4 night cruise?
Save

Maybe take a look at Quasar. Similar price point.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
36 posts
16 reviews
1 helpful vote
4. Re: 60's plus couple 7 night vs 4 night cruise?
Save

Hi, I just got back from a 6 day 5night tour on the Alya - which I highly recommend. I didn't want to get off; if they had said they had room on the next itinerary I would have gladly stayed aboard for another 5 nights. There were only a couple of times where the boat was very rocky. Afterwards we stayed on Santa Cruz for a week. Again, I loved it. I recommend Tortuga Bay and a vistit to the Highland View Galapagos. It was a go at your own pace, lots to see tour. Whatever you decide to do, you will love it.

Reply to: 60's plus couple 7 night vs 4 night cruise?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.