We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Covid Test for entry back into USA

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
69 posts
20 reviews
23 helpful votes
Covid Test for entry back into USA
Save

We would appreciate information about obtaining a Covid test in order to enter back into

the USA after being in the Galapagos. Is the test available at the Quito airport or at

the airports in Galapagos. How long does it take to learn the results. What is the cost for

the test. Thank you very much.

9 replies to this topic
Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Galapagos Islands
Level Contributor
4,696 posts
19 reviews
21 helpful votes
1. Re: Covid Test for entry back into USA
Save

Dear Neptune,

the USA currently calls for a negative result on a rapid antigen test for entering into the USA by plane (things can change by the time you fly - double check at that time). You can get that done at the Quito airport. It doesn't take very long between getting tested, and getting the results (30 minutes or so). I believe the cost is in the $20 range. It's a very well oiled system as you can imagine, as quite a lot of people are flying into the USA from the Quito every day.

Warmest regards,

Heather Blenkiron

Edited: 07 March 2022, 23:29
Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
69 posts
20 reviews
23 helpful votes
2. Re: Covid Test for entry back into USA
Save

Heather,

Thank you so much for this information.

Kind Regards

Neptune

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
204 posts
9 reviews
7 helpful votes
3. Re: Covid Test for entry back into USA
Save

We did our tests two weeks ago at the Quito airport. It was $35pp for the rapid test. We had our results emailed to us in less than the 45 minutes they promised. Very fast and easy.

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
69 posts
20 reviews
23 helpful votes
4. Re: Covid Test for entry back into USA
Save

Thank you so much for this information.

Neptune

7 posts
5. Re: Covid Test for entry back into USA
Save

Just schedule a video proctored home test and get a kit before you leave the US. This is sufficient and you don't have to worry about finding one on the ground.

3 posts
1 review
6. Re: Covid Test for entry back into USA
Save

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know if covid test is available at Guayaquil airport ? If so, pls advise info.

I will be traveling back to USA via Guayaquil airport early June.

I assume negative covid test is still required to re-enter USA ? pls advise

Thanks, Julian

Ottawa, Canada
12 posts
7. Re: Covid Test for entry back into USA
Save

I am from Canada and transferring through US Airports on my way to and From Canada- Ecuador-back. Do I need to have a rapid test? Canada just requires proof Vaccination.

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
13,804 posts
113 reviews
133 helpful votes
8. Re: Covid Test for entry back into USA
Save

Red, check with your airline, or ask on the Air Travel forum.

New York
4 posts
9. Re: Covid Test for entry back into USA
Save

I just flew back from GYE. VERIS is at the departure level for COVID test. The person at the counter told me the test is $30, cash or credit card, and the result will be ready in 30 minutes. No line when I was there around 5pm. They do have a break from around 6pm. Link below has the hours for each day.

https://www.tagsa.aero/en_servicios.html

We did not do it at the airport, instead we found a small lab near our hotel. It cost $25 and we paid cash. We got our report in about 2.5hrs via email The report is in Spanish. Only the staff at GYE asked for the report. Here is the info of the lab

ASISLAB ASISTENCIA EN LABORATORIO CLÍNICO

Pedro Carbo 911 y, Guayaquil 090103, Ecuador (the lab is on the 3rd floor)

Hour - was told 8am - 4pm

Reply to: Covid Test for entry back into USA
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted