We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report - Natural Paradise “B” Itinerary 8 day

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
650 posts
83 reviews
51 helpful votes
Trip Report - Natural Paradise “B” Itinerary 8 day
Save

We just returned from an amazing 8 days aboard the Natural Paradise. Our package included a pre cruise stay at the Swissotel. We were all transported by transfer van to the airport and our luggage and boarding passes were all looked after. Seamless and painless. Flights, transit and park admission was included.

We arrived at Baltra and were met by our excellent Guide Andreas Cadena and taken by transfer van to the yacht. Our luggage was transported and taken by the staff into our rooms.

We booked a standard room on the main deck. It was spacious enough. We had a large double shelf for suitcases and other gear plus a separate hanging locker with more shelves. The king bed was really comfortable and we had two large windows. The bathroom was also a good size and there was a very large shower.

The yacht was extremely clean and well kept. Everything looked new. There is a very large comfortable salon near the stern and the dining area is also on the same level. Most people hung out in the salon. However the top deck was well appointed with really comfortable lounge chairs. It was nice to spend time up there and we didn’t miss having our own balcony. There was another outside nook on a lower deck outside the bridge. So lots of outside spaces.

Food - one of our fellow travellers said they chose the ship based on the food and although I chose it based on the itinerary the food did not disappoint. Very well presented and always plentiful - fresh fish, lobster tails, filet mignon and I could go on about it but will just say that we didn’t have a bad meal and there was always fresh creative juices and hot snacks when we returned from snorkelling.

A guide can make or break your trip and our guide was excellent.

Andres was so knowledgeable and excited to shore his appreciation of nature and the Galapagos. He also made sure that everyone was included. When we were on the two pangas he would switch into the other panga so we all benefitted from the information he was sharing. He was also an excellent swimmer and diver and took great care of our safety when in the water. The pangas also accompanied everyone in the water and were available to assist if someone wanted to get out early.

We got to snorkel with reef sharks, huge green turtles, playful sea lions, penguins plus many colourful fish and rays.

The itinerary was really great. I would not have missed the west side if Isabella or Fernanda - we had some of our best encounters there. Each day we had two landings and 2 snorkels. We were never rushed and we were the only ones on each of the landings and sites. One afternoon we had a pod of dolphins swimming around the boat and the captain slowed the boat so we could all enjoy the experience.

I cannot say enough good things about the itinerary, accommodations, the staff and our guide. It was super great to be on a boat with only 13 guests and get such a personal experience of Galapagos. Not sure if I will get back again but would not hesitate to rebook with natural paradise.

19 replies to this topic
Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
13,698 posts
111 reviews
133 helpful votes
1. Re: Trip Report - Natural Paradise “B” Itinerary 8 day
Save

Thanks for the helpful details. I'll add your report to the boat reviews in the Top Questions.

So glad you had an excellent guide. Yes, they can make or break a trip.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
14 posts
22 reviews
16 helpful votes
2. Re: Trip Report - Natural Paradise “B” Itinerary 8 day
Save

thanks for sharing your trip report! I originally booked a trip for March 2020 and can't wait to rebook! thanks again.

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
291 posts
70 reviews
37 helpful votes
3. Re: Trip Report - Natural Paradise “B” Itinerary 8 day
Save

Thanks so much for your report. We just booked the last available cabin (unfortunately lower deck) on this same ship and route for the end of April. Although we are traveling in late April I would like your comments regarding the weather. What was the water temp like and were you cold? The company told me they only supply shorty wet suits, was this sufficient? Any motion sickness at night traveling? We are both seniors and would also like to know how the snorkeling was regarding getting back into the pangas, are there ladders? How was the hike up to the volcano? Any comments are greatly appreciated.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
14 posts
22 reviews
16 helpful votes
4. Re: Trip Report - Natural Paradise “B” Itinerary 8 day
Save

trgoben1, have you watched Kara & Nate's 2017 videos on Youtube? It was a sponsored trip by Royal/Galapagos onboard Natural Paradise. I believe there are 6-7 daily videos. would give you a sense of the temps.

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
291 posts
70 reviews
37 helpful votes
5. Re: Trip Report - Natural Paradise “B” Itinerary 8 day
Save

Yes I have watched their Galapagos videos (and other locations as we took their same Anatartica trip). Noticed they were in shorties (wet suits) which hopefully will be ok especially with a rashguard shirt underneath. The charts I have read indicate the average high temps are 83 in April and 77 in May with water temps of around 76 which if true would be fine. We will be traveling from late April through early May. We were in the Bahamas a couple of weeks ago with 60's and high wind, no fun!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
650 posts
83 reviews
51 helpful votes
6. Re: Trip Report - Natural Paradise “B” Itinerary 8 day
Save

Hi Trgoben1 - I am not sure what the water temps are in April. Most of the people on board wore the shortie wet suits and were fine with them. You can wear a rash guard over the top and I might suggest this as it does add some more warmth. Personally, I brought my own 3mm long wet suit pants and a 3mm wetsuit vest (no sleeves) and wore my rash guard on top and was always fine with the water temps.

I was also wondering about getting into the pangas after snorkelling - have had the experience of climbing over the motor and sprawling into the zodiac.... not an elegant entrance! Yes, there were ladders which were metal (not rope) so very easy to climb back into the panga.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
650 posts
83 reviews
51 helpful votes
7. Re: Trip Report - Natural Paradise “B” Itinerary 8 day
Save

Just to answer your other questions..... I do not get motion sickness (fortunately) - my husband does but did not have any issues on this trip. There were a few nights where there was some motion on the boat so you might want to prepare and just get some patches to be on the safe side.

We were transported up to the volcano negro park and then the hike up to the volcano was not difficult - we are seniors also - and was along a wide road leading up to the caldera. It was a gradual uphill but no steep areas and there were sections where it leveled out for quite awhile. I think it took us maybe 30 minutes to get to the top??? Of course ....going back was all downhill.

We did not have one of the cabins with the private verandas but we also did not spend alot of time in our cabins and there are plenty of spaces indoors and outdoors to relax. I especially liked the comfortable deck lounges on the top deck. Plus there is a private seating area just outside the Pilot Bridge on the bow of the boat. I used to go there for my very early morning coffee.

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
291 posts
70 reviews
37 helpful votes
8. Re: Trip Report - Natural Paradise “B” Itinerary 8 day
Save

Thanks so much for the information. Our late Apri trip on the Natural Paradise fell through because of the limited cabin availability but we have now rebooked on the Cormorant (catamaran) western side in late March. Not quite as good an itinerary as the Natural Paradise (a little less snorkeling and a little more land-based). There were so few cabins available on any of the ships we are happy that we finally got one. Thanks again.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
14 posts
22 reviews
16 helpful votes
9. Re: Trip Report - Natural Paradise “B” Itinerary 8 day
Save

I just came off the Natural Paradise 8B itinerary today. The 8 day cruise was outstanding in every way and exceeded my expectations. I loved visiting the western islands when often we were the only boat at anchor. The diversity of wildlife was incredible. Fresh food including fresh fruits and vegetables, seafood everyday. The chef and sous chef were quite good. The boat was immaculate and my room was larger than expected. Was quite humid in February on the equator and water temps ranged from cool to warm. I did take a thick fleece ONeil rash guard and I wore it every time we snorkeled - both for warmth and sun burn prevention. Rained 20-30 minutes every 2-3 days and I was happy to have a rain shell. The crew and trip exceeded all my expectations and I can recommmend without any reservations. Had a fantastic time.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
3 posts
17 reviews
28 helpful votes
10. Re: Trip Report - Natural Paradise “B” Itinerary 8 day
Save

Thanks so much for your trip report! We leave on Friday night for the same itinerary on the Natural Paradise starting March 15. We are so excited and glad to hear you had such a wonderful time!

Reply to: Trip Report - Natural Paradise “B” Itinerary 8 day
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.