We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Time needed from Guayaquil arrival for departure to Islands

Leeds,
Level Contributor
47 posts
168 reviews
117 helpful votes
Time needed from Guayaquil arrival for departure to Islands
Save

Presuming all is OK with a flight arriving on time at GYE airport what is the amount of time needed ideally before the flight to the Islands. For example if I arrive at 9am, would I have sufficient time for an 11:30am flight out? Thanks

3 replies to this topic
NYC
Level Contributor
1,035 posts
25 reviews
47 helpful votes
1. Re: Time needed from Guayaquil arrival for departure to Islands
Save

Following.. thinking of getting in after midnight and out on a 9am; plenty of time but wondering if it's worth even leaving the airport with time though immigration, baggage claim etc

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
13,704 posts
111 reviews
133 helpful votes
2. Re: Time needed from Guayaquil arrival for departure to Islands
Save

From a recent discussion https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294307-i2253-k13777965-Tips_for_making_transfer_from_GYE_to_Baltra-Ecuador.html

Crozet, Virginia
Level Contributor
278 posts
276 reviews
261 helpful votes
3. Re: Time needed from Guayaquil arrival for departure to Islands
Save

In January 2022, our friends planned an arrival into Guayaquil in the morning and was suppose to arrive 2 hours in advance of the 9 o'clock flight on Avianca into Baltra. They ended up missing the connection because of a delay on the first leg; and were able to get another Avianca flight a couple hours later.

When you arrive from US, you will need to go into customs; and then you have to go to the Galapagos booth for verification of paperwork (vaccines and covid test results and entry payment), then to the luggage section before checking in again. At least that was the process for us. Depending on how many people are on line, the lines can vary greatly.

I flew into Quito the night before and then checked into the airport for Galapagos in the morning and it took me about 30 minutes max but I checked in 2 hours in advance (which was probably not necessary).

Reply to: Time needed from Guayaquil arrival for departure to Islands
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.