We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easter in the Galapagos

Leeds,
Level Contributor
47 posts
168 reviews
117 helpful votes
Easter in the Galapagos
Save

I guess that in pre covid times, Easter is a busy period with tourists. As a land based traveller doing volunteer work will this mean that a lot of places are closed over the Easter weekend?

5 replies to this topic
Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Galapagos Islands
Level Contributor
4,653 posts
19 reviews
21 helpful votes
1. Re: Easter in the Galapagos
Save

Dear Disney - you are right re: usually very busy, mostly with mainlanders coming over. But COVID has slowed things down, and omicron is now spreading in the islands. I suspect things will be quiet (unless the omicron wave will have receded by then - April 9th), but things will be open inasmuch as owners feel the can turn a dime given possibly lower prospects.

Warmest regards,

Heather Blenkiron

Leeds,
Level Contributor
47 posts
168 reviews
117 helpful votes
2. Re: Easter in the Galapagos
Save

Thanks Heather. I have another question, over the actual Easter Weekend 15th to 18th April 2022, is there still boats to the other islands from San Cristóbal?

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Galapagos Islands
Level Contributor
4,653 posts
19 reviews
21 helpful votes
3. Re: Easter in the Galapagos
Save

Oh - it seems I got the date wrong. Thanks for clarifying (I'm heading to Galapagos later in April).

I would certainly presume so - business is business after all. But I can't give you a 100% definitive yes. These kinds of services operate just about 365 days / year in general.

Warmest regards,

Heather Blenkion

Leeds,
Level Contributor
47 posts
168 reviews
117 helpful votes
4. Re: Easter in the Galapagos
Save

Thanks

canada
Level Contributor
483 posts
5 reviews
3 helpful votes
5. Re: Easter in the Galapagos
Save

We’ll be there from April 15 to May 1st and I was wondering about this as well. I have to believe Omicron will be better by then but there’s always Pi or Rho…..

Reply to: Easter in the Galapagos
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.