We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santa Cruz based day tours to Isabela

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
13 posts
14 reviews
39 helpful votes
Santa Cruz based day tours to Isabela
Save

Does anyone know of a tour operator that provides a day tour from Santa Cruz to Isabela and, more specifically, includes Las Tintoreras AND Los Tuneles on the same trip? Since this will be our only opportunity to see Isabella, I would like to hit the two popular water options on the same day. The day tours that I have found include a volcano hike, a tortoise breeding center, and Las Tintoreras. That would be a fantastic itinerary if our other plans didn't already include a volcano hike and a breeding center.

I appreciate any help you can provide.

3 replies to this topic
Estero, Florida
Level Contributor
414 posts
291 reviews
149 helpful votes
1. Re: Santa Cruz based day tours to Isabela
Save

Due to the ferry schedules, timing does not work for a Tuneles tour unless you spend the night. They also heavily advise against trying to do both the same day though you could potentially do a 7am Tuneles; be back around 1:30; then dash to a 2pm Tintoreres. That obviously doesn't work as a day trip from Santa Cruz.

We did not pursue a private charter that might await your tours then take you back to Santa Cruz the same day.

Eatonton, Georgia
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
2 helpful votes
2. Re: Santa Cruz based day tours to Isabela
Save

We are still here and we spent one night in Isabela and that wasn’t enough! You need at least 2 nights. Also taking a day trip from SC to Isabela in one day would not be to my liking that would be a total of 4 hours on the ferry and the ferry isn’t for the faint at heart. The ferry kinda wears you out. Los tunnels was a wonderful, wonderful tour but you are in the sun all day and snorkeling a lot of the time. Enjoy your trip don’t try to rush through it

Crozet, Virginia
Level Contributor
264 posts
276 reviews
261 helpful votes
3. Re: Santa Cruz based day tours to Isabela
Save

We loved Isabela and like others posted, I don't think it is possible to do both of those. There is a chance to connect with Paddle with Penguins who may be able to provide kayaking to Tintoreres, after Tuneles (I am not affiliated with them and did not use them). I don't know for sure but when I spoke with someone there when we were on the island last week,, they seem to tailor their activities based on individual requests. The tide is a factor to keep in mind. Also I think their pricing may be slightly higher.

Reply to: Santa Cruz based day tours to Isabela
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.