We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Internet cafes in Galapagos

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
165 posts
9 reviews
7 helpful votes
Internet cafes in Galapagos
Save

Hello TA,

We are traveling to the Galapagos in February and will need a covid test to return to the us. I know the Quito airport does the pcr and antigen tests but all the videos I've seen on YouTube (I know, super scientific research there) show them doing the deep swab. My five year old will never make it through that. So I am looking into bringing a home test and doing the telehealth online consult. I know the private hotels/air bnb/etc will not have a strong enough connection for this. Might it be possible in an internet cafe on the islands? We also have the option of spending a bit more to stay overnight at the Hilton in Quito to assure we have a good internet connection there.

Thank you in advance. Of course this may all change by the time we head out.

2 replies to this topic
Washington, DC
Level Contributor
2,807 posts
107 reviews
87 helpful votes
1. Re: Internet cafes in Galapagos
Save

coloma galapagos has good internet. the kind where you can do actual work. another option is get a local SIM with data plan

deep swab is obsolete. nobody in the world does that anymore unless you are very unlucky (they are trying to use up march 2020 test kits on you). in galapagos it is anterior swab

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
165 posts
9 reviews
7 helpful votes
2. Re: Internet cafes in Galapagos
Save

Oh that goodness!

We are that unlucky though. Especially if I tell my kid it's not that bad. Haha.

Thank you!

Reply to: Internet cafes in Galapagos
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.