We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cruising during Covid with a kid

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
165 posts
9 reviews
7 helpful votes
Cruising during Covid with a kid
Save

Hello TA,

I wasn't even contemplating a cruise for our February trip to the Galapagos but I may be rethinking this. So of course, I have many questions that had answers that may not to be up to date with everything Covid19.

We originally booked our land based trip two years ago, we were supposed to go with our three year old right when Covid hit. I was heartbroken to cancel it. We chose the land based route because our child was so young and it seemed easiest for her schedule. But now she will be almost six when we go this February and a much better swimmer (possibly the only plus about waiting). We will all be vaccinated when we come but the idea of a cruise, even the smaller ships has me nervous. Especially all the passengers eating at the same table.

I guess, first off, I am looking for some ship ideas that might be more budget but smaller capacity that are kid friendly. We are comparing if we should do a 4D/3N cruise for the Santa Cruz portion of our trip. We will do Isabella and San Cristobal as a land based trip as planned. Many of the itineraries online are obviously showing to be quite expensive and most of the ship reports pinned here are older.

Thank you all so much.

1 reply
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
165 posts
9 reviews
7 helpful votes
1. Re: Cruising during Covid with a kid
Save

Upon further research, with our time table for sailing there were only about 10 boats with sailings that fit in our two week window and do not repeat Isabela and San Cristobal activities we already plan to do on our own. Is it likely new itineraries will pop up? I imagine they are pretty set in stone for February at this point.

Reply to: Cruising during Covid with a kid
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.