We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day tours

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
1 helpful vote
Day tours
Save

Hi we’re staying on Santa Cruz and have three days in the Galapagos next year. Any recommendations on which tour companies / guides to use for day tours please? We’re thinking of tours on Isabella and Santa Cruz.

4 replies to this topic
Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Galapagos Islands
Level Contributor
4,541 posts
19 reviews
21 helpful votes
1. Re: Day tours
Save

Dear Monique,

You can't visit Isabela on a day trip. It will take several hours out of your day just to get there, and then again to get back. With just 3 days, stay in Puerto Ayora and arrange day trips from there.

Warmest regards,

Heather Blenkiron

Level Contributor
219 posts
27 reviews
6 helpful votes
2. Re: Day tours
Save

There are day trips to Isabela, the ferry will take 2 hours to get there and 2 hours to get back. These tours usually visit Tintoreras, the flamingos lagoon and the breeding center. A reliable company is Book ec.

You have many choices of tours from Santa Cruz, now there's a day trip to San Cristobal too.

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Galapagos Islands
Level Contributor
4,541 posts
19 reviews
21 helpful votes
3. Re: Day tours
Save

I stand corrected - though with such little time in the islands, I'm not sure that spending that much of it "commuting" to other inhabited islands is the best use of it. You may also want to read about the discomforts of the speedboat ferries between the islands before deciding to spend 4+ hours on them / day. I lived on Santa Cruz for 4 years and you can easily find plenty of fascinating things to do with that as your home base.

Warmest regards,

Heather Blenkiron

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
1 helpful vote
4. Re: Day tours
Save

Thankyou!

Reply to: Day tours
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.