We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wetsuit suggestions and rental info

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
2 helpful votes
Wetsuit suggestions and rental info
Save

Hello,

Planning on a trip in a few weeks....early October.

Interested in knowing cost/locations/recommendations for wet suit rentals. I’m from Florida and I’m a wimp in cold water. :)

We’re doing a land based tour planning to be In Isabela, Santa Cruz, and San Cristobal. I’ve searched the forums but can’t seem to find anything recent.

We will be on the islands for 7 nights total, and will plan to be in the water most days, so I’m wondering if for cost effectiveness, if I should try to pack a wetsuit. We’re trying to pack lightly and just do a carryon, so a wetsuit May be difficult to pack. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

6 replies to this topic
Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
2,244 posts
139 reviews
128 helpful votes
1. Re: Wetsuit suggestions and rental info
Save

Alix,

Your local operators always include wetsuits for every water activity. You will be okay if you already have all of your trips pre planned.

Saludos cordiales,

Dennis Yépez

Guanguiltagua Expeditions

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
2 helpful votes
2. Re: Wetsuit suggestions and rental info
Save

Ty for your reply. However, I Only have two trips pre-planned and both said they don’t provide wet suits. Some days we are not doing tours, and we are exploring places like tortuga bay and Las Grietas, or Concha De Perla for part of the day.

Cumbaya, Ecuador
Level Contributor
320 posts
13 reviews
8 helpful votes
3. Re: Wetsuit suggestions and rental info
Save

Alix

On the main streets of Puerto Ayora and Isabela are few stores that offer the service, specially the agents that offer daily tours

This are the aprox prices of each item

Wetsuit $8 a day

Mask $5 a day

fins $5 a day

All the best

Paul Bustos

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
13,087 posts
109 reviews
131 helpful votes
4. Re: Wetsuit suggestions and rental info
Save

I suggest bringing your own, if you have one already. Then you know it fits correctly and is cleaned to your standards.

I'm a major WWW myself, and was very happy to have my 5mil suit with me last time.

Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
2,244 posts
139 reviews
128 helpful votes
5. Re: Wetsuit suggestions and rental info
Save

Azbuceadora gives great advice.

Bring your own wetsuit if you have one.

When I go diving snorkelling in Galapagos I preffer to bring my own equipment, just in case.

If you definitely want to rent then you should contact Galapagos People at info@galapagos-people.com

Saludos cordiales,

Dennis Yépez

Guanguiltagua Expeditions

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
2 helpful votes
6. Re: Wetsuit suggestions and rental info
Save

Thank you all.

Dennis, I have emailed them. Thanks for the suggestion.

azbuceadora, thank you.

Reply to: Wetsuit suggestions and rental info
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.