We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour operator in Galapagos - recommendations?!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
11 posts
29 reviews
31 helpful votes
Tour operator in Galapagos - recommendations?!
Save

My husband and I are planning to travel to Galapagos in December 2021. We’re not sure if we prefer a cruise or a land trip. Thus, we would like to work with a reputable tour operator in selecting as tour that works for us.

We had great experiences working with small Ma and Pa shops as well as large operators in the past. This will be our first trip to Galapagos and we have no contacts there.

Your RECOMMENDATIONS/REFERRALS are very welcome!

Edited: 12 September 2021, 01:12
2 replies to this topic
Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
13,087 posts
109 reviews
131 helpful votes
1. Re: Tour operator in Galapagos - recommendations?!
Save

There are a lot of reports in the Top Questions on the right (not visible on phones). You might start with "Which should I do...?" Then read some recent reports on cruises in the boat reviews, and finally take a look at some of the trip reports in "Land-based options." In the latter two TQs, you will find some recommendations for agencies.

If you go the land-based route, your hotel can most likely help you make arrangements (hire a driver, buy ferry tickets, etc).

I have used CNH Tours and can recommend them.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
165 posts
15 reviews
17 helpful votes
2. Re: Tour operator in Galapagos - recommendations?!
Save

This is a post I wrote a few weeks ago:

“Since May, I have been reading Tripadvisor Ecuador forum. I learned so much through the posters.

My experience is the following:

-I planned my land tour in Ecuador first and had a specific date (window of 3 days for departure date to the Galapagos) to start discovering the Galapagos. BIG MISTAKE but read more…

-I was planning for 2 couples. One couple was very difficult to reach as they were in the wilderness…. This turned out to be positive as I could not take fast decisions.

-The Samba was booked up in Dec so the TA sent us info on another ship: Tip Top. The price was more than Samba but Tip Top was First class compared to Samba (tourist superior). We were going to go with it until we discuss “yacht versus catamaran”. The other couple said “let’s book a catamaran to give ourselves all the chance to be less seasick”. PLUS, I was asked to email about 5 other TA just to see if prices were similar.

-That was the best thing I could have done. One TA: Galapagos Natural Life www.Galapagoslastminute.net

Rodrigo (CEO) was/is great. His prices came lower than all other TA. Tip Top was also cheaper than the first TA we dealt with but I expressed our fear of a yacht. Also, after he found out we were leaving Canada mid-Oct he asked if we would consider ‘Anahi First class Catamaran’ 15-day cruise. I NEVER dreamt of a 15-day cruise so I thought okay if the price is great.

- The next day he came back to us with the price. I could not believe it. I contacted our friends and thank God, they were home so they had internet connection! We booked 2 cabins just like that.

-I had to change completely our itinerary: we are discovering Ecuador first and then Peru in Dec. That was a lot of work for me to rebook everything but it was worth it considering we will really see everything we wanted to see in The Galapagos

-Right now, there is no need to wait last minute.

-After pandemic, you might want to book last minute. For us, I would definitely book before departure from Canada as I do not want to be “stressed” in vacation and there are way more interesting things to do in Quito than visiting TA. But it is just us. We are retired with all the time in the world but do like to have everything pre planned before we leave. I do not like to lose time on planning while in vacation. I do everything before I leave.

-I will post more after our trip… we will be meeting Rodrigo and his wife in Quito after our cruise. I like to help great TA. He came through for us and I hope he will do the same for others…

-Rodrigo and Galapagos Natural Life have been in business for 13 years.

- I even emailed “Anahi” to make sure they had our cabins booked when I was looking at their website. They emailed back within 1 hour and said “for sure”. Now other friends might come with us to take advantage of the great prices…

-Another of my friends heard about it. She contacted Rodrigo and her & her husband are joining us! I will post again after our return.

The Canadians!😎”

Reply to: Tour operator in Galapagos - recommendations?!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.