We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Galapagos Issues?

Saint Louis...
2 posts
1 review
Royal Galapagos Issues?
Save

Is anyone having difficulty contacting Royal Galapagos? We booked a cruise on the Grand Majestic for July, 2022, but once we paid our deposit, communication has gone silent. I have some questions, and I have sent two emails, called both the toll-free and the Ecuadorean phone numbers, reached out on Facebook to no avail. Is there something going on with the company?

5 replies to this topic
Washington, DC
Level Contributor
2,431 posts
95 reviews
84 helpful votes
1. Re: Royal Galapagos Issues?
Save

how long has it been since your first contact? i would reach out to your point of contact first, then try all manners of communication (instagram, webchat etc ) and give it 7-10 days.

it's not a uncommon trend among operators there apparently - do a search around the TA forum

it's unlikely they liquidated. they operate a couple of cruises. more likely thinking further time investment is not worthwhile since you have already have your money down and is a confirmed client (probably not something you want to hear....). they literally just have a FB and instagram post 24h ago.

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Galapagos Islands
Level Contributor
4,462 posts
18 reviews
21 helpful votes
2. Re: Royal Galapagos Issues?
Save

Dear Krispy,

we have been in touch with Royal Galapagos today for other matters. We have copied this thread URL to our contact there just now. I hope you'll hear back from them soon. Rest assured, they are still a going concern.

Warmest regards,

Heather Blenkiron

CNH Tours

Galapagos Islands...
9 posts
3. Re: Royal Galapagos Issues?
Save

Hi Krispy

I hope you are having a great day.

One of our Trip Advisors will gladly do a follow-up on your questions regarding your booking.

Warmest regards,

George

Social Media

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
556 posts
6 reviews
7 helpful votes
4. Re: Royal Galapagos Issues?
Save

I have a booking with Royal Galapagos in September and haven't had any issues with communication via e-mail to the lady I booked through.

3 posts
5. Re: Royal Galapagos Issues?
Save

We just returned from an 8-day cruise with Royal Galapagos. We booked directly through them and yes, their customer service is slow (think "bureaucratic") and not always accurate. In hindsight, I wished I had booked through an Ecuadorian travel agent we used for another part of our trip, as they have more of an incentive to be responsive and helpful. Regardless, our cruise aboard the Cormorant I was fabulous. The crew, the ship and the itinerary were terrific!

Edited: 10 September 2021, 08:54
Reply to: Royal Galapagos Issues?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.