We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is a vaccine sufficient to enter Galapagos?

Albuquerque
Level Contributor
18 posts
144 reviews
93 helpful votes
Is a vaccine sufficient to enter Galapagos?
Save

I have been vaccinated. Do I also need a antigen or PCR test?

15 replies to this topic
Cumbaya, Ecuador
Level Contributor
279 posts
13 reviews
8 helpful votes
1. Re: Is a vaccine sufficient to enter Galapagos?
Save

Hello

Its mandatory to get a PCR test before going to Galapagos , even so you have been vaccinated, you can get the test at the airport in Quito or Guayaquil, the results are send to an email and need to be printed before your check in at the airport.

Regards

Paul Bustos

Andesconexion

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
25 posts
29 reviews
73 helpful votes
2. Re: Is a vaccine sufficient to enter Galapagos?
Save

You definitely need a PCR to get into the Galapagos. Just got back yesterday and we were denied boarding our flight as we were told repeatedly by the joker who booked the trip we just needed proof of vaccination. Nope Definitely need the PCR.

With the help of a different agency, Andean Travel, we were able to flip flop our intended schedule and did get to the Galapagos - just four days later than planned.

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Galapagos Islands
Level Contributor
4,370 posts
18 reviews
21 helpful votes
3. Re: Is a vaccine sufficient to enter Galapagos?
Save

Dear Werni,

your negative PCR test cannot be older than 96 hours on arrival in Galapagos.

Warmest regards,

Heather Blenkiron

Albuquerque
Level Contributor
18 posts
144 reviews
93 helpful votes
4. Re: Is a vaccine sufficient to enter Galapagos?
Save

Do you know what the turnaround time on the airport test?

Cumbaya, Ecuador
Level Contributor
279 posts
13 reviews
8 helpful votes
5. Re: Is a vaccine sufficient to enter Galapagos?
Save

Hello

Will take 24 hours , to get the results

Paul

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
1 helpful vote
6. Re: Is a vaccine sufficient to enter Galapagos?
Save

Hi Paul,

my flight arrives at 9.20pm at GYE - would be I be able to get a PCR test at that hour at GYE?

I am fully vac'd but need the PCR to get into Galapagos and struggling to book something in US on 31st May (Memorial Day) as I travel to Galapagos on 3rd @11.22am...

Your thoughts appreciated!

James

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
85 posts
15 reviews
22 helpful votes
7. Re: Is a vaccine sufficient to enter Galapagos?
Save

James, I recently read that the Veris Lab on the Top Floor near International Departures (In front of Int'l Migration entry) at GYE is open from 3pm-12am daily and they will do the Rapid test for $40US. I haven't seen anything about turn around time or confirmation that anyone has successfully done it yet but hopefully you are successful and can report back!

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
41 posts
20 reviews
15 helpful votes
8. Re: Is a vaccine sufficient to enter Galapagos?
Save

To enter Ecuador, you need to have been vaccinated with an "Approved" vaccine. Unfortunately, my husband and I received the J&J, which is not on the list for Ecuador. Not really too much of an issue, as we must be tested to enter the Galapagos anyway.

Edited: 18 May 2021, 21:14
Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
41 posts
20 reviews
15 helpful votes
9. Re: Is a vaccine sufficient to enter Galapagos?
Save

You can schedule a Rapid Diagnostic Test (ID NOW) at Walgreens 3-4 days ahead of when you need to be tested. I see there are many Walgreens participating in the Albuquerque offering the test with a "less than 24 hour" turn-around. We are leaving on May 31st and will make a reservation for testing on May 30th (remember, you have to have been testing within 96 hours of ARRIVAL in the Galapagos). Good luck!

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
95 posts
2 reviews
2 helpful votes
10. Re: Is a vaccine sufficient to enter Galapagos?
Save

Janice M you might want to double check on the ID NOW test. I don’t think it meets the requirement for the PCR test needed to enter the Galapagos. Good luck! We’ll be arriving on the 30th too!

Reply to: Is a vaccine sufficient to enter Galapagos?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.