We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Salvoconductos

C&N
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Salvoconductos
Save

Hello,

We are coming to Galapagos on Wednesday and staying 10 days on San Cristobal, Santa Cruz and Isabella. The issue I have is the Salvoconducto from Isabella, the other two islands are sorted but I can't so far raise a response from my reserved property in Isabella -how long does it take to produce one of these forms and will we not be allowed in if I dont have the form for Isabella? I am interested in hearing other peoples experiences -many thanks

3 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
29 posts
27 reviews
28 helpful votes
1. Re: Salvoconductos
Save

hello C&N

I was just as anxious as you are now thinking - they won't let me in if i don't have proof for my full stay (as one hotel was very slow in responding).

I didn't have the last salvoconducto as I was checking in with the Galapagos desk at Quito Airport (special check in to the islands you do before checking in for flight).

The team there just took the two I had printed out, didn't check anything and gave them back to me. The third hotel still hadn't responded but seems like it didn't matter anyway. Was it just that one person on that one day? who knows ;)

Best

5*

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Galapagos Islands
Level Contributor
4,325 posts
18 reviews
21 helpful votes
2. Re: Salvoconductos
Save

Dear C&N,

you just need 1 salvoconducto to get in - preferably for the place you'll be staying at the frist night - but as noted above, it's not the Gestapo checking your papers on entry...

Warmest regards,

Heather Blenkiron

C&N
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
3. Re: Salvoconductos
Save

Thank you so much-thats put my mind at rest!

Reply to: Salvoconductos
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.