We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight from San Cristobal - Last day of itinerary.

Urbandale, Iowa
Level Contributor
6 posts
21 reviews
11 helpful votes
Flight from San Cristobal - Last day of itinerary.
Save

5 DAY - Itinerary A LIVE ABOARD CORMORANT Yacht.

Is there really only one flight back to mainland Equador from San Crostobal? Leaving at 1:30 and not getting back to Quito until 6:00 pm at night?

Seems impossible to participate in any last day itinerary activities if have to be on plane by 1:30.

3 replies to this topic
Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Galapagos Islands
Level Contributor
4,336 posts
18 reviews
21 helpful votes
1. Re: Flight from San Cristobal - Last day of itinerary.
Save

Dear BM,

you might want to ask the people you booked your trip with. A 1:30PM departure from GPS to the mainland seems like, in my memory, a later flight for sure. It takes 1.5 hours to Guayaquil, where there is a 45 minute layover, before the on-going leg to Quito - another 35 minutes or so. Factor in the time change (+1 hour on the mainland) and it should be a 3.5 hour trip, more or less, by the watch adjusted for time zones. Leaving at 1:30 PM would normally have you in Quito at about 5PM Quito time. Something is fishy there. Do they have you sticking around in Guayaquil for 2 hours?

Warmest regards,

Heather Blenkiron

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
42 posts
20 reviews
15 helpful votes
2. Re: Flight from San Cristobal - Last day of itinerary.
Save

As LATAM is the only airline flying in/out of Galapagos, the flight availability is less. I checked and currently they are showing one flight, departing at 1:48 pm, with a 47 minute stopover in Guayaquil, arriving Quito at 6:12 pm. I don't know if the day of the week makes any difference. You can check by going to their website.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
13 posts
32 reviews
15 helpful votes
3. Re: Flight from San Cristobal - Last day of itinerary.
Save

Janice, I have flights booked on Avianca for the end of May, why do you say LATAM is the only airline flying to the Galapagos?

Reply to: Flight from San Cristobal - Last day of itinerary.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.