We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

July Trip Advice

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
274 posts
July Trip Advice
Save

Hi there! Planning a trip for July, and have a few questions that I'm hoping those who have been there can help with:

1) Is July a good time or the year to go? Any disadvantages of the month?

2) I'll be travelling with my kids (16, 20, 21) . How long would you suggest we do our tour of the Islands for? Is there a general consensus of an ideal tour length?

8 replies to this topic
Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Galapagos Islands
Level Contributor
4,336 posts
18 reviews
21 helpful votes
1. Re: July Trip Advice
Save

Dear J,

July is fine. All year long is fine in Galapagos. It will be into the Garua season - with no rainfall, beyond an occasional, short lived, very fine mist usually earlier in the AM and later in the PM. Days will be warm, evenings fresh. Wildlife will be wonderful, as it always is. Waved albatrosses will be at their absolute peak in terms of mating / courstship performances (on Española island only). There are currently very good deals on cruises. A 7 night - 8 day cruise is the standard for getting the most out of a shorter stay in the islands.

Warmest regards,

Heather Blenkiron

Edited: 13 April 2021, 18:44
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
274 posts
2. Re: July Trip Advice
Save

That is perfect information, thanks!

Where can I find the best cruise deals? Is there a website that has deals? Or should I just approach a few of the companies directly? If the latter, what companies would you recommend? (I am thinking either a First Class or Tourist Superior ship, based on your classification in other threads, and how pricing really is right now.)

Also, if I wanted to add a few days to see Quito, how long would you recommend for that?

Edited: 14 April 2021, 17:03
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
274 posts
3. Re: July Trip Advice
Save

To clarify, I would likely be looking at the bottom of First Class or top of Tourist Superior. Not looking for any major issues to arise on our trip that will ruin things over a few thousand dollars.

Riverside...
Level Contributor
82 posts
12 reviews
11 helpful votes
4. Re: July Trip Advice
Save

Send Heather a PM or look up CNH Tours. She helped me book a trip for this December. She can’t promote her services on TripAdvisor, but I can tell you she’s been wonderful to work with.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
274 posts
5. Re: July Trip Advice
Save

Will do! Perhaps others will chime in as well, though?

Level Contributor
12 posts
13 reviews
7 helpful votes
6. Re: July Trip Advice
Save

I am also looking for tour companies running trips and that have deals for late June/early July of this year.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
29 posts
26 reviews
29 helpful votes
7. Re: July Trip Advice
Save

hello

I can but reiterate the excellent island hopping tour that I had with Alex Arregui (galapagosalex68@gmail.com) which took place very recently. It wasn't on a cruise, for reasons I have mentioned in another post on this forum, I love cruising but not for now, and not for there. Our trip was Santa Cruz and Isabela. Instead of taking the ferry, we opted to take the little plane between the islands which worked perfectly. Alex organised trips, pickups, and guided us to some great places. With his insider knowledge, having been a scientist working at the Charles Darwin centre, and his kind, helpful manner, and tolerance for all kinds of last minute changes, our trip was perfection.

I know he has several island hopping tours now available, but some are quite full in June. Do feel free to contact him if you are interested in something that is not a cruise. He can surely give you other references too (ask summervermonter@gmail.com as well, they are a dream team).

Whichever way you go, take your time and just enjoy it. I advise strongly, if possible, taking a breather day or half day and not filling every day with excursions. Just sit on the beach by the dock on Isabela and take it in, the sealions that walk right past you and pose and walk and then on your other side the marine iguanas, perhaps with less posing :)

Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
1 helpful vote
8. Re: July Trip Advice
Save

Hi,

Reach out to Ecuador Family Tours. Gabby is great, she listens to you and provides recommendations. We are heading to Galapagos May 8 and Gabby was extremely helpful. She helped us get a great deal in our cruise

Reply to: July Trip Advice
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.