We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which tours from Santa Cruz?

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
1,442 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Which tours from Santa Cruz?

April 2019 we fly into San Cristobal for six nights, then plan four nights on Santa Cruz followed by six nights on Isabela (before returning to Santa Cruz for one night to facilitate our flight home).

Bearing in mind that we may see lots of the same varied wildlife from/on the other 2 islands anyway, what would be the best tours to consider (boat or otherwise) for our 4 days on Santa Cruz? Is 4 days enough or should we transfer an additional day(s) from one of our other island stays?

Our interests ore obviously wildlife but also snorkelling (we have all of our own gear) we do not dive. We also like trekking but not quite so far nowadays as we are in our 60's.

Thanks

7 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
100 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which tours from Santa Cruz?

The most popular tours from Santa Cruz are North Seymour and Bartolome, for snorkeling you can go to Santa Fe or Pinzón.

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
1,442 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which tours from Santa Cruz?

Thank you

Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which tours from Santa Cruz?

There is a fantastic 1/2 day bay tour that several of the local companies offer and can be booked the day before. It costs $35 and includes a visit to a nesting site of frigatebirds, snorkeling, Las Griatas, etc. It is a great day.

Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
14 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which tours from Santa Cruz?

Hi there

May I ask?: why six nights in San Cristobal and only four in Santa Cruz? I would do the opposite...

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
1,442 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which tours from Santa Cruz?

Our trip begins and ends with the flights so the easiest way to do it is into San Cristobal and out of Santa Cruz.

This is because for us it will be three flights over 21 hours and it is a really easy transfer from San Cristobal airport when we will be tired on arrival. We have added a couple of days extra at the start to get over the jet lag before commencing on any tours.

Had Santa Cruz been an easy transfer on arrival then it could well have been the opposite.

So basically, both locations have the same potential of 4 days each for day trips.

Edited: 17 August 2018, 01:56
Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
14 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which tours from Santa Cruz?

OK, thanks, fine. But I would still consider less time for S.Cristobal and more in S.Cruz. More to do and to see in S.Cruz.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
21 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which tours from Santa Cruz?

We spent 3 days in Isabela (Port Villamil) and we are currently in Santa Cruz. We have had 3 days here. We could have easily spent 5-6 days on Isabela. The snorkeling there was better than anywhere else, and that includes the snorkeling we did on our 8 day boat cruise. And I feel like 3 days is enough in Santa Cruz. The problem with day trips from Santa Cruz are those dreaded boat ferry’s, which I have nicknamed the Vomit Vessels!

Reply to: Which tours from Santa Cruz?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted