We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Land Based Itinerary Planning Help Please- OCT or NOV?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
77 posts
3 reviews
Land Based Itinerary Planning Help Please- OCT or NOV?

Hi, looking at flying into San Cristobal and out of Santa Cruz or visa versa. Total time in the Galapagos is 6 days as part of a larger Sth America itinerary. My budget won’t stretch for a cruise, so it will be land based with day tours & local ferries/water taxis. Unfortunately, we will be locked to travel either mid OCT or early NOV. I have read the water can be rough and murky, so is early NOV a preference? Look forward to any helpful itinerary planning advise & suggested itineraries- thanks.

6 replies to this topic
Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
11,269 posts
101 reviews
1. Re: Land Based Itinerary Planning Help Please- OCT or NOV?

Start with the Top Questions on the right titled How do I start planning? and How can I save money? You can see it on a tablet or computer, not a phone. Pretty much everything you would need to know is there, but scroll through all the pages as the OPs answer all the questions people have asked.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
249 posts
2. Re: Land Based Itinerary Planning Help Please- OCT or NOV?

This might be useful to you...

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g29…

Edited: 03 August 2018, 06:57
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
77 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Land Based Itinerary Planning Help Please- OCT or NOV?

Thanks azbuceadora for your really quick response. I have scrolled through the top questions and found some great information but I couldn't find all answers I was after.

Thanks Snaek29, for that useful link- it's amazing ! I know there is a website for last minute cruises

https://www.galapagoscruiselinks.com However, in regard to contacting the boat captains direct as mentioned in your link, is there another website?

There really shouldn't much difference weather wise & water visibility and coldness travelling mid Oct or mid Nov?

Thanks in advance

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
249 posts
4. Re: Land Based Itinerary Planning Help Please- OCT or NOV?

I meant when you were there in person if you were lucky enough to cross paths with one or after a day trip etc.

I wouldn't know of a way to get directly in contact with a boat owner other than through their normal website.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
249 posts
5. Re: Land Based Itinerary Planning Help Please- OCT or NOV?

Not a massive difference in weather or water temperature no.

If you want more specific details I have put them on that thread.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
77 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: Land Based Itinerary Planning Help Please- OCT or NOV?

Thanks very much for your helpful advise

Reply to: Land Based Itinerary Planning Help Please- OCT or NOV?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted