We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Galapatours.com

Portsmouth, Virginia
2 posts
Galapatours.com

Has anyone had any experience with booking a tour through galapatours.com? Thanks!

56 replies to this topic
Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
11,265 posts
101 reviews
1. Re: Galapatours.com

From their web site, it seems they are an offshoot of a German agency. There is just one review in the TA archives (type the name in the Search box above).

There are a number of well-regarded, reliable agencies if you are uneasy about this one.

Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: Galapatours.com

I have been dreaming of Galapagos for a long time and it finally came true. I booked an 8 day cruise on board the Majestic with Galapatours.com and can only recommend this company highly. Thanks to the perfect organization and the great service I can safely say this was a holiday of a lifetime. My expectations were exceeded... Darwin must have been the luckiest guy alive!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
3. Re: Galapatours.com

I travelled to Galapagos with Galapatours.com this February and can highly recommend this company. Benno helped us organize an unforgettable trip. The Nemo I was the best ship we could have hoped for, the guide was excellent and the food very varied. A great experience that nobody should miss out!

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,437 posts
99 reviews
4. Re: Galapatours.com

I don't doubt the legitimacy of the last two posters, but as a general rule, give information by individuals making their very first post just to answer your question about a private, for profit business careful consideration. . .

Just my $.02

Bill

1 post
5. Re: Galapatours.com

Мы купили круиз в Галапагос через этот портал, катер нам попался отличный, также как обслуживание в течении всего тура. Очень благодарны за сервис, Рекомендую на все сто!

Edited: 07 October 2017, 01:46
La Paz, Bolivia
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
6. Re: Galapatours.com

Gracias por la organización de nuestra primera visita a Ecuador, respuestas rápidas a nuestras dudas y el pago sin problemas, queremos nuevamente visitarlos el 2018 pero con grupo de amigos, haremos nuestra reserva prontamente. Saludos al equipo galapatours!!!

Level Contributor
1 post
26 reviews
7. Re: Galapatours.com

We just got back from our amazing Galapagos experience three weeks ago. We booked through Galapatours - I worked with Benno Schmidt. I checked in with a number of travel companies and elected to work with Benno due to his prompt response rate, honesty and great prices. The entire process was seamless. Initially, I definitely felt uneasy about working with a remote firm, particularly when it came to transferring thousands of dollars to pay for the trip. This being said, you can rest assured that you will have a seamless experience. I HIGHLY recommend Galapatours and Benno in particular.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
60 posts
86 reviews
8. Re: Galapatours.com

Yes! We booked through Benno Schmidt with Galapatours in June 2017. He was wonderful to deal with! He set us up on the Tip Top II and we truly had the trip of a lifetime!! Benno was incredibly prompt with his replies. He answered our many questions and worked with us to set us up on an itinerary that best suited us! We felt like friends by the end of our communications! I highly recommend Galapatours! Enjoy!!!

3 posts
9. Re: Galapatours.com

Dear Lisa, thank so much for your wonderful comment! I'm delighted that we could help you set up this trip, I also feel like talking to a friend rather than a customer! I look forward to hearing from your friends and send many kind regards, Benno

theOC
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
10. Re: Galapatours.com

We recently traveled to the Galapagos Islands using Galapatours and had a fantastic trip. Benno at Galapatours arranged for our cruise on the Archipell II and provided solid recommendations on logistics, hotels and things to do in Quito and in the islands. He was always quick to respond to my endless questions and helped make our trip truly amazing. We hope to return to the Galapagos one day and will again work with Benno at Galapatours! Thanks!

Reply to: Galapatours.com
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted