We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which bus From Quito Airport to JW Marriott Hotel Quito?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Which bus From Quito Airport to JW Marriott Hotel Quito?

Which bus is better to take, the green public bus or the red airport service bus? I plan to take a bus from the airport to a bus stop in Quito city, and then take a taxi to hotel. Please tell me the approximate cost and travel time. There will be two of us traveling together. We are senior citizens, so our fare for airport service bus is half price ($4 each).

4 replies to this topic
New Jersey
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Which bus From Quito Airport to JW Marriott Hotel Quito?

I just read someone’s answer to another thread about $26 taxi fare from Quito Airport to Marriott Hotel. If the fare is indeed $26, then I prefer to take a taxi than to go through the trouble of finding the right bus and hopefully getting a connecting taxi without getting lost. Thought I read somewhere that the taxi fare would be $50-$60. Perhaps someone would enlighten me? Thanks.

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
11,276 posts
101 reviews
2. Re: Which bus From Quito Airport to JW Marriott Hotel Quito?

The taxi fares from the airport are fixed, so it will be around $26, give or take a dollar. I recently posted the procedure for taking a taxi to the Marriott so find that thread and read it.

The $50 fare you saw was most likely for a private car service.

Edited: 30 August 2018, 16:50
New Jersey
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Which bus From Quito Airport to JW Marriott Hotel Quito?

Thank you for confirming and providing clear instructions.

Houston, Texas
9 posts
1 review
4. Re: Which bus From Quito Airport to JW Marriott Hotel Quito?

Yeah, $26 for a taxi, $50 for a car service. I'd suggest a car over a bus. A car going direct from the airport to the JW Marriott is going to take 45 minutes as it is and that's without any traffic issues.

Edited: 02 September 2018, 11:13
Reply to: Which bus From Quito Airport to JW Marriott Hotel Quito?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted