We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quito private tour guide

New York City, New...
3 posts
Quito private tour guide

Hello everyone. I'm new to trip advisor. A friend told me this is the best way to get advice and information before travelling.

I am planning a trip to Quito - Equator and would love to have a private tour guide with me because my spanish is not that good and I would not want to walk around without learning anything. Can someone recommend a good company or private guide and advice on prices, transportation, etc? I would really appreciate it. Thank you so much in advance.

14 replies to this topic
Cotopaxi, Colorado
2 posts
11. Re: Quito private tour guide

We would like to have the name of the driver/guide you have used for tours throughout Ecuador. We are wanting to spend 2 to 3 weeks in Ecuador in February and March. Could you send us your driver/guides contact information and anything else that wold help us make our decision on whom to choose. Thanks

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
11,276 posts
101 reviews
12. Re: Quito private tour guide

Welcome to TA and the Ecuador forum, EB. It's unclear whom you're addressing, but if you'll read through the entire thread, you'll find names and contact info of several drivers.

San Rafael...
Level Contributor
14 posts
60 reviews
13. Re: Quito private tour guide

Thank you for his contact information.

Georgia
Level Contributor
1 post
110 reviews
14. Re: Quito private tour guide

For private drivers, my husband and I were in Quito in September 2018 and had rides with Giovanni and Xavier. The two are brothers, and they made sure that one of them was available for all of our requested travel times. I'm not sure of Giovanni's phone number, but Xavier's number is 0995 036 252. We had a total of five rides with them, four trips between the airport and Quito Old Town along with one day trip to Mindo. They speak English well; they both had lived in the US for a while. Their cars were clean, and we felt really comfortable riding with them. Giovanni mentioned that he leads day trips to the snow on Cotopaxi and multi-day trips to the summit, though we didn't get to go on a trip to Cotopaxi.

Reply to: Quito private tour guide
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted