We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

baggage larger than dimension allowence. - tiger air

Brisbane, Australia
3 posts
Save Topic
baggage larger than dimension allowence. - tiger air

hey there!

im traveling Tiger Air to Singapore as a stop over , then to bangkok.

my partner and i both have 65 lt bags, but they will be no where near even 7kgs.

they are just taller than the dimensions that they will allow, which is 54 by 32 or something. the bags are about 75cms tall.

has anyone had this experience?

do you think we will be able to take them on board? i just cant justify paying $60 bucks for a bag with barely anything in it.

thanks!

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel, Singapore
Level Contributor
25,922 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: baggage larger than dimension allowence. - tiger air

Hello,

I am a bit unsure about your bags, you say "65 lt bags". Can you please clarify what you mean by that???

Brisbane, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: baggage larger than dimension allowence. - tiger air

65 litre bags :)

Jakarta
Level Contributor
61,585 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: baggage larger than dimension allowence. - tiger air

If the combined dimensions ( ?+?+?) of your bags do not exceed the allowed ones, you`ll be fine. If the bag is taller, it may be smaller in other dimensions as well. check this............

Brisbane, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: baggage larger than dimension allowence. - tiger air

ohhh awesome. ill check that out :)

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,397 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: baggage larger than dimension allowence. - tiger air

From the Tiger website

Only 2 (two) pieces of carry-on luggage provided that each does not exceed the dimensions of 54cm X 38cm X 23cm and not exceed a combined weight of 10kg per person may be carried into the aircraft cabin.

I think you may have problems if your bags are 75cm tall/long as it makes no mention of overall dimensions.

Jakarta
Level Contributor
61,585 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: baggage larger than dimension allowence. - tiger air

Oh, sorry you talk about CABIN luggage????? In this case the best option is to verify directly with the airline, and preferably with airport office.

7. Re: baggage larger than dimension allowence. - tiger air

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2014, 10:49