We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

V Hotel Lavender or Grand Pacific Hotel

manila
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Topic
V Hotel Lavender or Grand Pacific Hotel

Hi, will be in Singapore on 27-30 Oct 2013. Would like to ask for suggestions, in terms of location, cleanliness and overall value for money... Which is better of the two, V Hotel Lavender or Grand Pacific Hotel? Just a few $ difference in their prices,but, as we are travelling on a budget, every $ is important. =) Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
V Hotel Lavender
V Hotel Lavender
3,980 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Grand Pacific Hotel
Grand Pacific Hotel
1,282 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,373 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: V Hotel Lavender or Grand Pacific Hotel

I've stayed at the Grand Pacific Hotel several times - excellent location and thought it was good value for money.

Mentioned in this post
Grand Pacific Hotel
Grand Pacific Hotel
1,282 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,010 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: V Hotel Lavender or Grand Pacific Hotel

I vote for Grand Pacific Hotel too (Ask for a Room on a High floor facing Victoria Street), U can walk every Bugis Village shopping / Bugis Junction, Raffles City Shopping with City Hall MRT Station (5min walk from Hotel) below the mall, direct Bus to Chinatown Or U can even take a 15min walk to Clarke Quay & then chinatown.......

U can even walk from here to Suntec City Mall or Direct bus to Suntec (Bus stop opposite Hotel) / The Merlion Park(Bus# 162, 131 & 700 along Bras Basah Road - Round the corner) / Marina Bay Sand (Bus# 106 along Bras Basah Road).

And U are Just opposite Carlton Hotel :D......

U can Google Map for an idea on the distance & where to take those bus I mention......

Good Luck

Mentioned in this post
Grand Pacific Hotel
Grand Pacific Hotel
1,282 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Bugis Junction
Bugis Junction
563 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Raffles City
Raffles City
431 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Chinatown
Chinatown
11,304 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Clarke Quay
Clarke Quay
2,864 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Suntec City Mall
Suntec City Mall
484 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Suntec
Suntec
Singapore, Singapore
Merlion Park
Merlion Park
8,145 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Marina Bay
Marina Bay
11,027 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Carlton Hotel Singapore
Carlton Hotel Singapore
4,345 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel, Singapore
Level Contributor
25,138 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: V Hotel Lavender or Grand Pacific Hotel

Hello,

Location of Grand Pacific is excellent. You mention V Lavender, but what about the newly opened V Bencoolen Hotel. Much better located and should be similar price.

Mentioned in this post
Grand Pacific Hotel
Grand Pacific Hotel
1,282 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
10,039 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: V Hotel Lavender or Grand Pacific Hotel

I'll also niminate the Grand PAcific for location. I stay in the Carlton out of choice, and basically the Grand Pacific is across Victoria from the Carlton. Its about 1-2minutes more walkingon the 2-3mins walk from the Calrton to Raffles City Mall and hence City Hall MRT. The Grand Pacific is probably less time to get to Bras Basah Circle Line MRT because you will probably have to wait for lights to cross Victoria.

THis puts Red, Green and Circle MRT lines within 4 or 5 minutes walk. You are walkable to Bugis as well though its a bit further. So at that point anything I tick for the Calrton applies to the Grand Pacific - 5-10mins overland to Marina Bay and all that is there (Suntec, Marina Square, Millenia Walk, Gluttons Bay, Esplanade etc), 10mins or so to the Civic District (Padang, City Hall, Supreme Court, and down to the River). You have more food options than any of us has had hot dinners - on top of anything mentioned so far in terms fo food courts you can add numberous hotel restaurants, Purvis Street, Chijmes and the list goes on [anyone know the kopitiam in The Plaza is still there?]). Raffles Hotel is 5 minutes away. You can walk to the Peranakan Museum and the National up near Dhoby Ghaut - that puts you at the bottom of Orchard Road - or dash 2-3 stops up the MRT from City Hall. The Asian Civilisation Museum is by the River and walkable in the other direction and the Singapore Art Gallery is nearby too.

For me and my needs at least, for location the Grand Pacific wins hands down.

Mentioned in this post
Grand Pacific Hotel
Grand Pacific Hotel
1,282 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Carlton Hotel Singapore
Carlton Hotel Singapore
4,345 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Raffles City
Raffles City
431 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Marina Bay
Marina Bay
11,027 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Marina Square
Marina Square
218 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Padang
Padang
62 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Chijmes
Chijmes
586 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Raffles Hotel Singapore
Raffles Hotel Singapore
4,302 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Peranakan Museum
Peranakan Museum
1,154 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Orchard Road
Orchard Road
11,281 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
New Zealand
Level Contributor
60 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: V Hotel Lavender or Grand Pacific Hotel

I prefer V Hotel Lavender. There is a MRT directly below the hotel. You have direct acccess to anywhere whatever the weather. I have never stayed at another hotel with such ease to the MRT - no need to worry about the hot humid weather ( can be really hot )- so easy and close.

For extra S$120.00 more a night, i will choose Carlton Hotel. I have a fantastic time at Carlton last year. I have eaten at the 24hr food court under V/L and the food was good at a good price.

note:Both V Hotel Lavender and Grand Pacific Hotel have 24hrs Foodcourt

Mentioned in this post
V Hotel Lavender
V Hotel Lavender
3,980 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Carlton Hotel Singapore
Carlton Hotel Singapore
4,345 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Grand Pacific Hotel
Grand Pacific Hotel
1,282 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
88 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: V Hotel Lavender or Grand Pacific Hotel

I would choose V Hotel Lavender for its proximity to the nearest MRT station. It is located just directly above Lavender MRT station, whereas Hotel Grand Pacific is a 5-10 minute walk from City Hall MRT and Bugis MRT.

Other than the MRT station, there is also a convenience shop, money changing booth, food court, bread shop, Wendy's fast food, 7-11 and hairdresser within a stone's throw from V Hotel Lavender.

For both hotels, there is a free daily shuttle bus to Universal Studios Singapore that departs between 830-930am every morning.

Mentioned in this post
V Hotel Lavender
V Hotel Lavender
3,980 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Grand Pacific Hotel
Grand Pacific Hotel
1,282 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Universal Studios Singapore
Universal Studios...
16,720 Reviews
Sentosa Island, Singapore
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,010 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: V Hotel Lavender or Grand Pacific Hotel

When U stay at Grand Pacific Hotel, U will fulfill this wish of urs"Just a few $ difference in their prices,but, as we are travelling on a budget, every $ is important. =) "

===> U save $$ by taking a really short walk almost everywhere to Bugis, City hall, Suntec etc....

===> While the City Hall MRT Station is equally a short walk away......

===> Not to mention, The approximate room size is 30 sqm. (Deluxe).....

Even going to Universal Studios, U will have no problem with Affordable Direct bus service round the corner.

Good Luck

Mentioned in this post
Grand Pacific Hotel
Grand Pacific Hotel
1,282 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Suntec
Suntec
Singapore, Singapore
Universal Studios Singapore
Universal Studios...
16,720 Reviews
Sentosa Island, Singapore
Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
9,888 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: V Hotel Lavender or Grand Pacific Hotel

Hello,

You can walk to the Carlton Hotel for the complimentary tourist shuttle to USS. Here is their daily schedule. No worries about rushing to get on the free shuttle within their stipulated timing. If you miss one shuttle, just wait for the next!

www.rwsentosa.com/LinkClick.aspx…

The City Hall MRT is an interchange with 2 lines: the EW and the NS unlike Lavender station. And as myrm said the Circle line is a short walk away. So you have access to 3 MRT lines.

For nighttime activities, you have more options at the Grand Pacific. Chijmes, Marina Bay and even Clarke Quay are just walking distance away.

My $0.02.

Edited: 10 October 2013, 06:31
Mentioned in this post
Carlton Hotel Singapore
Carlton Hotel Singapore
4,345 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Grand Pacific Hotel
Grand Pacific Hotel
1,282 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Chijmes
Chijmes
586 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Marina Bay
Marina Bay
11,027 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Clarke Quay
Clarke Quay
2,864 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
manila
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: V Hotel Lavender or Grand Pacific Hotel

Thank you all for your comments and suggestions. Very much appreciated. Grand Pacific Hotel it is then... =)

Mentioned in this post
Grand Pacific Hotel
Grand Pacific Hotel
1,282 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
10. Re: V Hotel Lavender or Grand Pacific Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2014, 09:47