We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Singapore in March- Hilton vs Conrad

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
2 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Singapore in March- Hilton vs Conrad

We are flying in for about 3 days prior to a cruise to Hong Kong. We are Hilton Diamond members and are going to use points. We are trying to decide between the Hilton and Conrad. Things on our list of importance is what you get for being a diamond member. Does anyone have thoughts on the Executive lounges? Which is the better hotel overall to stay.

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
12,321 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Singapore in March- Hilton vs Conrad

Conrad is the Hilton groups premier brand of hotelss, higher than the the Hilton brand. This applies in Singapore as well, the Conrad is the better hote and newer hotel and the one I would choose (unless you preferred the location of the Hilton).

Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
7,165 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Singapore in March- Hilton vs Conrad

...and I'd still be choosing the Conrad over the Hilton on location grounds (says he jumping directly on the back of Mankster's reply). So on the location front....

The Conrad is located in Marina Bay - its a bit further into the Marina Bay than the Pan Pacific but its still easily connnected. Through SUntec you can get to the CIrcle Line and also that the start of the short walk over to City Hall MRT which gets you easy access to both the red and green MRT lines. Those give you great connectivity to the system and even the purple line down to Chinatown or Harbourfront or up to Little India are only a stop or two down the line.

You are in a high density food area plus a reasonable mall selection, and nearby to a bunch of areas that make good walking trails. The Flyer is nearby - as are Raffles Hotel, the Civic District and a little further on the Asian Civilisation Museum and National Museum. You are also only 2 or 3 stops down the MRT from Orchard Road and it takes 5-10mins travel from the MRT station at City Hall.

Orchard Road where the Hilton is placed is great for the top end malls, and you can walk fairly easily to the Botanic Gardens. You have access trivially to the Red line but you need to travel for the others (either through Dhoby Ghaut or CIty Hall) - while this is still quick its not quite as convenient as Marina Bay though its close. Also note that being on Orchard can get a fair selection of ERP costs and other taxi surcharges - the marina area still gets some but not quite as many from memory....again still close as both are centrallly located.

For me the Marina Area wins with its selection Orchard still has its benefits, so do compare them properly to your needs as each is only a short MRT trip from the other.

Singapore
Level Contributor
2,660 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Singapore in March- Hilton vs Conrad

Comfort bed, and really classy amenities in room for Conrad.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
2 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Singapore in March- Hilton vs Conrad

Thank you for all of the information. I should have sent you a note earlier, but simply forgot. We booked into the Conrad in both Singapore and Hong Kong. I appreciate the advice. Joe

5. Re: Singapore in March- Hilton vs Conrad

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2013, 14:46