We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Universal Studios Singapore - necessary to book online?

London
Level Contributor
1,019 posts
118 reviews
Save Topic
Universal Studios Singapore - necessary to book online?

I will be attending the park on either 20/21 October. I gather that I must pre-book online and print out tickets, as there is NO OPTION to buy tickets at the gate? Is this correct?

Is it likely that there are still tickets available that far ahead?

Also, from Marina Bay Sands, would you consider a taxi or the MRT to USS?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
551 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Universal Studios Singapore - necessary to book online?

Yes you can purchase ahead online, and tickets are also available at the gates. However, it runs out fast, especially on weekends and public holidays, so there would be no guarantees if you are a walk-in customer. Better to ahead - I would guess that you can buy for October already, but check their website to verify.

MSS is a bit of a walk from the MRT (about 15-20mins). walk to City Hall Stn. You can enjoy the view while walking, and it would be cheaper, if you're on a budget. You can also take a cab, about 10$ or maybe more during peak hours.

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Universal Studios Singapore - necessary to book online?

And most travel agencies in S'pore buy the tickets to Universal Studios in bulk for their customers as part of their tour package. Add this to the online sales, and you'll get very limited numbers of walk-in tickets to buy from at the counter. Unless of course, you go there really really early.

Penang Island...
Level Contributor
14 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Universal Studios Singapore - necessary to book online?

it no harm to buy online, as the ticket is valid for 6months from the date you select. it very simple, just buy online with few click and certain bank credit card has discount (depend on promotion period), print out and enjoy your ride. best ride i had is the mummy ride...damn good

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Universal Studios Singapore - necessary to book online?

Hi!

I would definitely recommend you to buy online once you are sure of your schedule. Don't risk waiting to buy at the gates unless you are not serious enough to visit USS.

Taking taxi to USS will save your time & energy, esp. if there are 2-4 pax travelling together.

Have Fun!!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4,337 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Universal Studios Singapore - necessary to book online?

If u going during weekdays I think shouldn't be a problem to buy at the gate. And if am not mistaken there is only one rate when buying online, i.e., a slightly more expensive weekend rate but valid for 6 mths from date of purchase which u can use anytime. And those dates are not school holidays either. Just come early n u will be fine.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,079 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Universal Studios Singapore - necessary to book online?

<< I will be attending the park on either 20/21 October. I gather that I must pre-book online and print out tickets, as there is NO OPTION to buy tickets at the gate? Is this correct? >>

This information is incorrect. There are ticket booths in front (on the side) of the entrance to the park. The booths are in yellow. Here is a photo for your reference ---> flickr.com/photos/sgsearchsite/4372207948/

<< Also, from Marina Bay Sands, would you consider a taxi or the MRT to USS? >>

Taxi. The park is only a 10-min taxi ride from your hotel. Until Bayfront MRT stn opens, I would have to say that MBS is currently quite an "incovenient location" if you want to use the MRT extensively.

Perth
Level Contributor
44 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Universal Studios Singapore - necessary to book online?

We arrived at 11am on a Tuesday last week and there were no queues at the gate. They ask if you want to purchase an express pass there or you can go inside, see how long the wait times are and purchase inside if you want them. You can only use the express pass once per ride though, as they cross off each attraction as you use it. We used it 3 times only to avoid waits of 40 -50 minutes. Other rides were only 5 minute waits (there were 4 of us and we only bought 2 express passes) so we all went on together.

Singapore, Singapore
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Universal Studios Singapore - necessary to book online?

Nope i bought my tickets at 10am and proceeded to the park. So just get there early to buy your tickets if you didn't book yet =]

Inverness, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Universal Studios Singapore - necessary to book online?

will be in singapore only for a day

Can universal studios and sentosa island visited on a single day ???

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,391 posts
1,663 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Universal Studios Singapore - necessary to book online?

You can do both. Get to Universal studios before its open and allocate half a day for Universal and then do the rest of Sentosa in the afternoon. I am assuming you will be travelling without children!