We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beware when booking with agoda

Spore
2 posts
Beware when booking with agoda

Beware when you book with agoda with prepaid hotel confirmation. Especially when there is a penalty for a no show hotel policy. I booked a hotel in Bandung at Grand Seriti for 2 nights but unfortunately my flight was cancelled and could not show up at the hotel. After explaining my reason they insist that I still be charge for 1 night. After 1 mth as I was suppose to get the balance 1 night, I send email to check why was this not refund. I had to send countless of email to give evidence that this was not credited back. They seem unprofessional when handling such unpleasant situation. I have to keep explaining the situation. Its a good lesson for me for trusting suppose to be a well known hotel reservation agent.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,934 posts
69 reviews
1. Re: Beware when booking with agoda

Seems you're not the only one. There's a similar/worse thread going on the Phuket forum at the moment!!

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
20,264 posts
254 reviews
2. Re: Beware when booking with agoda

I also once claimed a refund with Agoda. It took 3 months before I saw the refund in my credit card statement. It took longer than 1 month (as promised) but at least I got what I am entitled of. Agoda has the right to charge you 1 night because of no-show regardless of your reason, any hotel booking site would have the same policy.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
6,210 posts
11 reviews
3. Re: Beware when booking with agoda

Different hotels have different policies, so it would be best to read their cancellation policies before booking. Most smaller hotels usually charge a 1-nite penalty for cancellation within 24-hrs before check-in or no-shows. If you have bought a travel insurance, you could have claimed reimbursement for such situations.

Milan, Italy
3 posts
4. Re: Beware when booking with agoda

We have used Agoda for almost times of booking. This company is good and the price is reasonable too. We believe in all the reviews on this site because guests can not post the fake reviews there.

Sydney, Australia
1 post
5. Re: Beware when booking with agoda

Thank you for that very important info...I will never book with them.

cheers

Quezon City...
Level Contributor
76 posts
15 reviews
6. Re: Beware when booking with agoda

In fairness with Agoda, my Japan bookings were refunded within 10 working days even if they were supposed to be non refundable. I think the refunds really depend on the hotel one books. They only refund the money to our acct once the hotel credit back our payments.

Singapore
Level Contributor
2,660 posts
11 reviews
7. Re: Beware when booking with agoda

They only the middle agent/third party, all the process and term/condition depend on the hotel you booked at. So far, I don't find any hassle with them. Well, no show hotel policy means you have to be ready to deal with all the consequences. Once you book, no choice except following what you agree with.

Jakarta
Level Contributor
1 post
27 reviews
8. Re: Beware when booking with agoda

I just experianced bad things from agoda, as they promo best price gurantee. You have to be ready for their tricky terms & condition. Below their terms.

• Same hotel

• Same period of stay

• Same Room/Bed type

• Same Advance purchase requirements, prepayment and deposit requirements (if any)

• Same Cancellation and Amendment policies

• The room must be available for instant confirmation at the time our agents check availability.

I even attached proven confirmation from competitor (Asiarooms.com) and Agoda claimed that I failed on the last term.

With the reason that when their staff check it, it's Full. No wonder Asiarooms.com FULL. it is proved their price is better than Agoda.

Jakarta
Level Contributor
61,585 posts
120 reviews
9. Re: Beware when booking with agoda

No wonder the engine provide the TRICKY best price guarantee terms. Everyone play his own game......... the majority of the hotel chains give best price guarantee if you find a better deal in 24 hour slot after the reservation with them. If the better rate appears in the web just 1 min later - you do not qualify the guarantee.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
6,210 posts
11 reviews
10. Re: Beware when booking with agoda

@PrettyPucca

errr... I do not exactly quite get what you mean.

But anyway, my advise is to shop around first before making any purchase. Once you are satisfied with all the different prices and the different T&Cs, you may proceed to make your booking. After you have made your purchase, try not to go back to re-check your pre-paid hotel accom that you have made leading up to the day of your travel.

Edited: 23 May 2011, 22:17