We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Singapore Tourist Visa for Indians- Seeking Clarification

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Singapore Tourist Visa for Indians- Seeking Clarification

Hello all,

I am looking for some clarification around getting Singapore tourist visa in India.

1. How early can I apply? I read somewhere that it is one month. So, if my date of journey is 18th October, should I apply after 18th September only, so to be safe, say 19th/20th Sept? or is it at least 1 month in advance, meaning I should definitely apply before 18th Sept? Kind of confused with the verbiage.

2. I am aware that we are required to apply through authorized agents only for the e-visa. I am based out of Bangalore. Any reviews/suggestions around which agent I should go for? I tried calling and emailing a couple of them, including Thomas Cook, but none of them responded, so wanted to hear about the quality of their service.

3. We are a group of seven people. Is there a provision of a group visa or something? Or do we need to individually apply?

4. While my spouse and I are based out of Bangalore, the other 5 people are based in West Bengal. (We will be flying out together from Bangalore, though) If they can send their documents over to us, can we submit on their behalf to the agent without them present here? Alternatively, the two of us could send our documents over to Kolkata and apply for the seven of us through an agent there. Any recommendations?

I will definitely check with the agent once I am able to connect and finalize but meanwhile anyone with similar experience may please share their thoughts.

Thank you all so very much in advance!

Edited: 07 August 2018, 12:07
5 replies to this topic
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
12,953 posts
22 reviews
1. Re: Singapore Tourist Visa for Indians- Seeking Clarification

Not earlier than 30 days before your trip. There is no group visa. Avoid Thomas Cook as they tend to submit very close to your travel date.

India
Level Contributor
44 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: Singapore Tourist Visa for Indians- Seeking Clarification

1. How early can I apply?

You can apply within 30 days of your travel date,so in your case after 18th Sept as Singapore Embassy doesn't accept tourist visa applications before 1 month window of travel. It ideally takes 5-6 working days to process.

2. Any reviews/suggestions around which agent I should go for?

Yes, you have to apply through authorized agents only. VISA fees INR 1500 + INR 300 Agent Fees = INR 1800 (ideally). I have a bad experience with Thomas cook, once you pay and submit your application to TC, they go mum and hurry at last moment making you nervous. Apparently they are the worst Agents to process your VISA through. Try Musafir for better customer experience.

3. We are a group of seven people. Is there a provision of a group visa or something? Or do we need to individually apply?

No, Individually. Doesn't make a difference.

4. While my spouse and I are based out of Bangalore, the other 5 people are based in West Bengal. Any recommendations?

Try to process it in 2 groups (B'lore & Kol) Since it will make it convenient to send/receive docs (PASSPORT-you don't want to mess up with that). Although it is pretty much possible to get all docs together and send/submit with agent in either of two cities.

Hope this helps.... Happy Travels

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
30 posts
30 reviews
3. Re: Singapore Tourist Visa for Indians- Seeking Clarification

Most of this is answered ... I found United Visa Services near Trinity Metro station in Bangalore reliable for Singapore Visa. They can answer all your Visa questions also. Call them after 10:30 AM to get the best response.

Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
10,686 posts
18 reviews
4. Re: Singapore Tourist Visa for Indians- Seeking Clarification

Scroll down to the bottom of the linked PDF from the Singapore Ministry of Foreign Affairs. It lists all four authorised visa agents in Bangalore and gives contact details in full.

https:/…20Agents_2018.pdf

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: Singapore Tourist Visa for Indians- Seeking Clarification

Thanks everyone for your kind suggestions. Helps a lot!

Reply to: Singapore Tourist Visa for Indians- Seeking Clarification
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted