We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Newton food Centre

Level Contributor
17 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Newton food Centre

Can anyone advise if Newton Food Centre is open Christmas Day? Or a good recommendation for open air Singapore dining in Singapore on Christmas Day?

Mentioned in this post
Newton Food Centre
Newton Food Centre
861 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
14 replies to this topic
LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
14,124 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Newton food Centre

Everything of interest ( other than banks and offices ) are open on Christmas Day., including Newton.

Level Contributor
17 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Newton food Centre

Thank you Mankster

Edited: 07 August 2018, 11:36
Level Contributor
17 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Newton food Centre

Thank you

Singapore, null...
Level Contributor
186 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Newton food Centre

Yes. It is. But please know the price before u order

North Yorkshire...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,887 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Newton food Centre

“Newton” is best, imvho best experienced at night. It divides a lot of people that either like and dislike it, primarily I suspect because of the prices, compared to many other Hawkers and food courts, Newton is not “cheap”, but I think it’s value for money for the “theatre” alone.

Personally it’s one of my favourites and prices aren’t an issue for us, not because we’re rich or I don’t care, but because we know what we’re doing, but do make sure, as suggested above, you are fully aware of what you are buying.

Don’t be afraid to ask, most stalls are not there to cheat anyone, but as in all things a couple of bad apples etc.

Enjoy, it’s a great buzz when it’s “buzzing”.

Edited: 07 August 2018, 19:15
Kent
Level Contributor
1,870 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Newton food Centre

I agree with diggs, Newton is better experienced in the evening. We have been at both times and at lunch it was quite and almost empty compared with the lively atmosphere in the evening. Another one for the evening is Glutton Bay, a nice location by the river.

Level Contributor
17 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Newton food Centre

Thanks digs, we went to Newton several years ago and found the food wonderful. Still cheaper than what we pay here in Australia and the atmosphere is what it’s all about.

Level Contributor
17 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Newton food Centre

Thank you Kent, appreciate your feedback. I haven’t heard of Gluton Bay, where exactly on the river is that?

england
Level Contributor
719 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Newton food Centre

its on the Esplanade in Marina area very near the Merlion. Outdoor dining area with lovely views of MBS and harbour area etc.. One of our favourite areas. Good selection of food, not as big an area as Newton but still lots of different food, try the satay!

Mentioned in this post
Merlion Park
Merlion Park
8,312 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
North Yorkshire...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,887 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Newton food Centre

It always good to get a “thank you”, so I in turn “thank you” for thanking me.

Reply to: Newton food Centre
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted