We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Singapore and side trip

10 posts
Save Topic
Singapore and side trip

Hello!

First of all, thank you to all of you in this wonderful forum in helping me visit KUL during March this year.

Now, I'm planning to visit Singapore and some side trip. I'm yet to finalize the countries and days.

Request your advise in following:

1. If I visit Singapore, what is the side countries I can plan to visit?

(I'm interested in exploring new cities, culture, history.. not a big fan of beaches)

2. What are the visa restrictions, if any, during transits?

3. My first preference is to travel by bus between two countries (If possible) !! and exit from there to my home country (India)

2 replies to this topic
Woodend, Australia
Level Contributor
263 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Singapore and side trip

Go to Malaysia it’s amazing and accessible by bus. It’s also a lot cheaper than Singapore. Can’t help you with visas sorry.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1,166 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Singapore and side trip

1. The nearest by land will be Johor & Malacca (bus). Batam/Bintan (ferry) & Pulau Tioman (land transport, then ferry) are also possibilities if you change your mind about beach resorts. Everywhere else in Southeast Asia is a short LCC flight away.

2. Indian passport-holders will need a new visa every time you request entry into Singapore (including re-entry from land & ferry checkpoints). Get a multiple-entry visa accordingly, if that's your plan. Visas aren't required within the transit area of Changi Airport. Singapore doesn't issue visas-on-arrival.

3. Malacca & Bintan don't have any airport; Batam only has a domestic one. Senai (Johor) doesn't fly to India as far as I can tell, so your options are either Singapore or KL.

Reply to: Singapore and side trip
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted