We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Singapore hotels

Newcastle
Destination Expert
for Malta, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,214 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Singapore hotels

Would like to hear your views on the following hotels

Hotel Jen Orchardgateway

Mandarin orchard

Fairmont

Four seasons

Grand Hyatt

Was looking at Shangri La but it's over my budget

6 replies to this topic
LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
14,138 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Singapore hotels

Four season s is the best from that list followed by the Fairmont. I would go with the Fairmont for location. If spending a lot of time in 5he hotel, Four Seasons is a better choice.

Newcastle
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,214 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Singapore hotels

Thanks for quick reply.

4 seasons also the most expensive, typical but I guess you get what you pay for.

Is Fairmont a good location even if we aren't really interested in nightlife? We will be there just for a 3 night stopover on the way to New Zealand and are mainly interested in sightseeing and food

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
14,138 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Singapore hotels

Fairmont is perfectly located for what you want. Plenty to see and do within walking distance and also above an interchange MRT station for getting about.

Luxembourg
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4,991 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Singapore hotels

You can't go wrong with the Fairmont: the location is great, right on top of City Hall MRT station so moving around is very easy. Marina Bay is 1 station away or you can just walk to there.

The hotel is attache to Raffles City mall with many food options inside. Chijmes is nearby with bars and restaurants.

Dubai
Level Contributor
358 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Singapore hotels

Fairmont is in a good location and you can indeed walk to some places from there.

There are some interesting boutique hotels in Singapore; for example The Scarlet. It is close to Club Street and Chinatown, and many other places to eat, including Maxwell Food Centre. A drawback is that, while they have a jacuzzi, they do not have a swimming pool. But the premium rooms are big and the hotel is very nicely decorated. You might check out their website.

My personal preference is Swissotel, Merchant Court since it is on the river and very easy to walk to many places for food, including Clarke Quay, Boat Quay, and Robertson Quay.

(It is also close to an MRT station, but since you are "... mainly interested in sightseeing and ..." I think that probably you would rather take the (inexpensive) taxis that abound. Trust me, you can see more when above ground than you can from the window of a subway.)

Newcastle
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,214 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Singapore hotels

Hanks for all your replies, very useful

Reply to: Singapore hotels
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted