We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

holiday in Singapore 4th November until 8th November

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
holiday in Singapore 4th November until 8th November

we are a group of four adults and would welcome an itinerary suggestions for our holiday. We arrive at 3.10 Sunday afternoon 4th November and leave on the Thursday late in the evening. We will have explorer passes from Singapore Airlines. As we are all mature age adults the attractions on Sentosa are not a priority although we like the idea of the cable car.We like the idea of the flyer, gardens,river cruise,bus tours around the city etc etc and the idea of high tea at Raffles. How do we fit it all in? what else should we include. We would be very pleased to have your suggestions

4 replies to this topic
Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
10,904 posts
18 reviews
1. Re: holiday in Singapore 4th November until 8th November

Read this thread for a starter as it asks many similar questions as yourself and covers several of the major standard responses, though some dont apply. Take a look at some attraction lists to expand your list, or if you have looked already give some more that leap to you.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g294…

Then for specifics to you - Explorer passes, be sure they are worth the cost, particularly in comparison to the free Boarding Pass Privileges program. Also make sure that you are going to things you want to and not being led by the passes you have.

I think you may have a distorted idea of Sentosa from a number of high profile, high namecheck recent attractions like USS and so on that leaves the impression that its a large theme park and nothing else.. It has a lot there of which can fill a day even staying away from such items. Go through its website, and see if things attract. Fort Siloso is large, fulls a number of hours and certainly isnt theme parkish.

You basically have three full days and fom your list one needs to be devoted to the Marina area. The Flyer, Gardens by the Bay, the river cruise all set from there.

Im not a fan of bus tours of the city, I just dont think you get a good look as you zip past and would rather explore on foot and/or making my own way. The Original Singapore Walks make for a better guided tour, in my opinion as its more relaxed, or you can download Heritage trails fromthe Roots subsite of the Heritage Board's website and follow those. The Duck tour has a bit more of a ride potential but the river cruise covers that and is my personal choice.

Raffles will depend upon whether it has reopened, its being refurbished at the moment.

The Botanic Gardens would go on the list, they take us a day to cover but I do it in two half day blocks to break up the outdoors.

Your interest list doesnt mention any museum sits nor the animal parks so Id look at those for a yes/no decision

North Yorkshire...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,980 posts
2. Re: holiday in Singapore 4th November until 8th November

There are way more things to do than ever you’ll have time for sadly.

Basically have a look through the link, make notes of what you think you might like to do/see, post a provisional itinerary that can be “tweaked” if needs be, or put any questions you might have regarding any specific attractions, i.e. how much time you might need at this or that. Etc and we’ll help where we can.

What we cannot do is arrange itineraries for people, that’s not what we do. Everyone has a different idea as to how they might like to spend their time. Sadly there is no “one size fits all” itinerary.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attractions-g2…

Singapore, null...
Level Contributor
221 posts
32 reviews
3. Re: holiday in Singapore 4th November until 8th November

One place u may wanto explore is Chinatown. And its vicinity. That period is near mid autumn festival. So the whole place is lighted up and there maybe more stalls there.

Gardens by the bay with Marina Barrage is a must. There's a light show at 745pm. So visit the two cooled conservatories then go satay By the bay to have dinner n back for the light show.

After that walk to Marina area.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
13,712 posts
22 reviews
4. Re: holiday in Singapore 4th November until 8th November

Mid Autumn Festival falls sometime around late September/early October, depending on the lunar calendar. For 2018, it is on 24 September. OP is visiting in November.

Edited: 08 August 2018, 07:29
Reply to: holiday in Singapore 4th November until 8th November
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted