We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Raffles and the famous Singapore Sling

Stratford-upon-Avon...
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Raffles and the famous Singapore Sling

Disappointed to hear that Raffles will be closed on our visit in two weeks time. :(

Can anyone tell me the cost of a sling please, I’ve heard contrasting prices ranging from £20 to £85?

Thanks in advance.

25 replies to this topic
Kent
Level Contributor
1,985 posts
37 reviews
1. Re: Raffles and the famous Singapore Sling

roughly about 35 SGD , just under £20. I would like to know who paid £85 !!

North Yorkshire...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,978 posts
2. Re: Raffles and the famous Singapore Sling

When Raffles reopens I imagine there will be a period of promotion where they’ll be offering “Slings” at a discounted price, somewhere around the $20-$25 mark, maybe even less. It’s only a guess, but I’d like to think a moderately experienced one.

Whoever said they paid @$85 had drunk too many to know, or telling fibs. 😆

Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
10,901 posts
18 reviews
3. Re: Raffles and the famous Singapore Sling

The popup bar was charging about 40SGD per sling once you add in taxes and service this June. At current exchange rates thats about 22-24GBP. Its never been close to 85GBP. The popup bar is kinda cute but its not the full Long Bar feel despite the peanut sacks, though the longer the restoratino runs the more is visible of the hotel.

Stratford-upon-Avon...
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: Raffles and the famous Singapore Sling

Thanks everyone who’s responded. Anyone know when it’s reopening?

Kent
Level Contributor
1,985 posts
37 reviews
5. Re: Raffles and the famous Singapore Sling

I don't think that have actually named a day yet, the website states " planned reopening in the end of 2018 "

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
13,691 posts
22 reviews
6. Re: Raffles and the famous Singapore Sling

Raffles Hotel is now planning a reopening in the first quarter of next year.

Comox, Canada
Level Contributor
1,417 posts
337 reviews
7. Re: Raffles and the famous Singapore Sling

Alcohol in Singapore is way too expensive

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
94 posts
4 reviews
8. Re: Raffles and the famous Singapore Sling

Hello, I have just returned today from Singapore,we went to the raffles pop up bar for an original Singapore sling it was $31++ for a drink, ++ is the taxes they add on,it cost us $72 for 2 drinks,I saw plenty of places were it was a lot cheaper don’t know if they would be as good,hope that helps, enjoy Singapore.

Stratford-upon-Avon...
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
9. Re: Raffles and the famous Singapore Sling

Thanks for all of your feedback. We will go to the pop up bar and try a sling and perhaps return next year to engage in the true Raffles experience.

Will arrive their on Thursday and truly looking forward to it. :)

Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
10,901 posts
18 reviews
10. Re: Raffles and the famous Singapore Sling

<<,I saw plenty of places were it was a lot cheaper don’t know if they would be as good>>

That depends on the recipe and your taste. There is one called the Heritage Brew that I dislike, but it sells well so presumably hits so e peoples taste buds.

The Post Bar iin the Fullerton used to do one to Raffles recipe and so was near identical but cheaper for instance, but a quick look at the menu makes me think they have changed that.

So you need to know the mix and go with the one you like. I make them at home myself and tend to drier ingredients, so in Raffles ask for more bitters in mine.

Reply to: Raffles and the famous Singapore Sling
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted