We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Realted to carrying medicine for my upcoming singapore tour

2 posts
Realted to carrying medicine for my upcoming singapore tour

Which medicine we can take with us for own care during singapore tourism? Is only dr precription sufficient?or any other certificate is required like theraputic product import?pls provide me information as soon as possible

7 replies to this topic
Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
10,938 posts
18 reviews
1. Re: Realted to carrying medicine for my upcoming singapore tour

There are several threads on this if yu run a search.

In short, the import requirements are based on the regulation of the medication in question in Singapore, not your home territory.

If it is over the counter in Singapore you can bring in a reasonable quantity and do not need to declare. If the drug is prescription only in Singapore the same applies but you need a current copy of the prescription or a doctors note indicating its requirement for you.

If the drug is a Controlled Drug in Singapore, on their Appendix A list then you must get an import licence in advance and must declare it on arrival. The HSA in Singapore maintains a page for importing personal medication - google up those terms for the page and it has a link to the current Appendix A list which is typically mostly narcotic and psychotropic drugs, or abusable ones which need more control

North Yorkshire...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,992 posts
2. Re: Realted to carrying medicine for my upcoming singapore tour

Everything you need to know is on the HSA Singapore site. The link should help you.

Good luck.

hsa.gov.sg/content/hsa/en/Health_Products_Re…

2 posts
3. Re: Realted to carrying medicine for my upcoming singapore tour

Thanx a lot for giving me info about it.pls tell me that can i take 10 tablate of anxiety with me.is there dr precription is sufficeint or any other is also required for that.?

North Yorkshire...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,992 posts
4. Re: Realted to carrying medicine for my upcoming singapore tour

You can take anything you like, as long as you declare to customs officers BEFORE they find them. The HSA has a list of all the prohibitive drugs, as long as your tablets are not on the list, you should be OK.

A doctors prescribed certification is always very useful.

Basically if in doubt, declare, customs officers are not stupid, they know the difference between a genuine person and someone trying to pull the wool over their eyes.

Good luck, honesty is always the best policy.

Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
10,938 posts
18 reviews
5. Re: Realted to carrying medicine for my upcoming singapore tour

<<s tell me that can i take 10 tablate of anxiety with me.is there dr precription is sufficeint or any other is also required for that.?>>

Expecting us to guess what on earth drug you are talking about then makes replying utterly impossible. You have been given the requirements and a link to where you can read Appendix A - you will have to do that and see yourself, not expect others to do it for you.

Edited: 05 August 2018, 16:35
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
13,752 posts
22 reviews
6. Re: Realted to carrying medicine for my upcoming singapore tour

Use the chat assistant and key in the active ingredient. We won't know what active ingredient is in your drug and the concentration. Check your medicine package.

Edited: 05 August 2018, 16:39
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
13,752 posts
22 reviews
7. Re: Realted to carrying medicine for my upcoming singapore tour

In case it is not clear, the chat assistant is on the HSA website.

Reply to: Realted to carrying medicine for my upcoming singapore tour
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted