We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Singapore 5 days Itinerary - please help

Canada
Level Contributor
533 posts
1 review
Singapore 5 days Itinerary - please help

Hello,

We are a family with 2 teens 19 and 16 and will be visiting Singapore for 5 days in August. This is a brief summary of our Singapore itinerary:

Singapore day 1: Gardens of the Bay, Cloud Forest, Marina Bay Sands, Chinatown, Singapore City Gallery, Merlion and the Singapore skyline by night. Singapore Flyer, The Pinnacle @ Duxton

Singapore day 2: Little India, Chinatown, Jewish Quarter, Raffles Hotel, Boat Quay, Clarke Quay and Robertson Quay.

Singapore day 3: Sentosa Island/Universal Studios

Singapore day 4: Mount Faber Loop, Henderson Waves, Alexander Arch, and Canopy Walkway

Please advise what do you think. Did I miss something interesting?

Maybe some advise of exciting and interesting places to visit and eat for teens.

Every advise is greatly appreciated!

3 replies to this topic
Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
1. Re: Singapore 5 days Itinerary - please help

Sounds like a good itinerary to me. You’ll love Sentosa Island. The Hard Rock Cafe is a good place to eat at for teenagers. Do you have any young children or not? I would recommend one of the museums in Singapore as well.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
13,008 posts
22 reviews
2. Re: Singapore 5 days Itinerary - please help

I don't think you will have time for Pinnacle unless you intend to skip the light shows at GBTB and Marina Bay.

Raffles Hotel is fully closed for renovations. You can only visit the gift shop and the temporary Pop Up Long Bar.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1,166 posts
3. Re: Singapore 5 days Itinerary - please help

- You don't have to visit Chinatown twice (Days 1 & 2). Plan your schedule more efficiently.

- If you're very fit walkers, there's time to include Kampong Glam/Arab Street & the Colonial District (Padang/Empress Place) on Day 2 too. You can also easily use the MRT or public buses (download a bus-arrival timing app) to get around, although I also saw some Western tourists cycling Ofo bikes in Bras Basah/City Hall yesterday. The shared bikes are typically available outside MRT stations; there were also a lot parked at the National Library building (near Raffles Hotel).

- Singapore City Gallery isn't really a must-visit, although it's near Maxwell Hawker Centre. Still, it's useful for orientation notes for when you visit the Pinnacle@Duxton skybridge (which looks out to Keppel Harbour, Sentosa, Chinatown & further inland, but not towards Marina Bay with many CBD skyscrapers blocking the view).

- The Pinnacle skybridge is only accessible with the EZ-Link Card or CEPAS card (purchasable at the condo office kiosk, not sure if the 7-11 outlet still sells them; the card also needs one hour to activate). Directions (entrance fee is now $6) http://www.pinnacleduxtonsingapore.com/

- If USS is a priority, you won't really have time to visit the rest of Sentosa on the same day. The park's timetable lists extended opening hours (from 7-10pm) except for the last week of August, so you can get a handstamp to exit & visit one other RWS attraction (eg. SEA Aquarium) at best, or just expeditiously explore the integrated resort before returning to USS. Only way to free up time is to buy express passes for the amusement rides.

- The Cable Car & Southern Ridges (up to HortPark) won't take that long. Both can be casually completed in about 90 minutes.

Edited: 03 August 2018, 11:02
Reply to: Singapore 5 days Itinerary - please help
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted