We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shangri La Hotel

Newcastle
Destination Expert
for Malta, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,214 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Shangri La Hotel

I can get a good deal at this hotel but it is room only. Does anyone know whether you can pay for breakfast separately and how much it would cost? The jump from room only with a special deal to bed and breakfast might make it worth doing it this way.

5 replies to this topic
LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
14,233 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shangri La Hotel

Anyone can have breakfast at The Line, you don’t even need to be a guest. That’s goes for pretty much any 4/5* hotel restaurant. Expect to pay approaching $50 a head after taxes. Most people without breakfast included and without an expense account would probably get breakfast outside the hotel.

Newcastle
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,214 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shangri La Hotel

Thanks, just the information I was after. Yes having breakfast elsewhere would be an option or a different hotel. Still doing my research

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
132 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shangri La Hotel

Yes if you were purchasing breakfast separately at The Shangri-La it would be as Mankster suggested around $50.00. It is usually cheaper if you choose one of their rates which include breakfast. That may well depend on when you are travelling, but they usually have a B & B rate or a Staycation rate, sometimes an Advance Purchase rate which sometimes includes breakfast. Also take a look at their horizon club rates which include breakfast and much more. Obviously that depends if you intend to spend some time at the hotel, but if so and especially if you like to have some alcohol, can work out quite cost effective.

We usually stay in their Valley Wing these days which includes everything we could ever wish for, and breakfast and afternoon tea is a real treat for us and all part of the Shangri-La experience, especially if we are visiting with family or friends when we seem to spend ages over breakfast.

You are only a 10 minute walk to Orchard Road of course where you will find lots of breakfast options much cheaper or you can purchase say coffee and croissants etc at the Shangri-La Bakery in the main wing Lobby.

The one last thing I would recommend is definitely email the hotel directly and ask them to quote you a rate including breakfast so you can compare. They do offer a best rate guarantee!

Happy researching.

Ellen

Newcastle
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,214 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shangri La Hotel

Thanks Ellen, very helpful. I will email them, good idea

Sydney, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Shangri La Hotel

My advice would be to skip the typical over priced hotel buffet and eat like a local. So many wonderful options not too far from hotel. You can always start with a traditional kaya toast at Toast Box and a Kopi.

Reply to: Shangri La Hotel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted