We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solo traveler - advice for weekend travel

4 posts
Save Topic
Solo traveler - advice for weekend travel

Hi, looking for a bit of advice. Im a 28 year old women going away with work to Singapore and will be spending the weekend there alone. I’m thinking of going away for the weekend to somewhere like Malaysia, Cambodia, Vietnam or Thailand and wanted to know if tours that I could go on? Or recommendations.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
6 replies to this topic
North Yorkshire...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,887 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Solo traveler - advice for weekend travel

How well do you know Singapore, How long will you be in Singapore?

Mentioned in this post
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Solo traveler - advice for weekend travel

Hi, this will be my third visit. I’ve done the main attractions, such as the zoo, marina bay sands, garden by the sands. The last time I went I did travel to Bangkok for the weekend but that was with a colleague. This will be the first time I travel alone for such a distance. But looking to go somewhere different while I’m there. I’m probably going to be there from Wednesday 29th August to Friday 7th September. But will be working 9-5 in the week

Edited: 02 August 2018, 00:17
Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
3. Re: Solo traveler - advice for weekend travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2018, 00:44

Luxembourg
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4,991 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Solo traveler - advice for weekend travel

Maybe you can take a bus to Malacca and spend the week-end there ?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
171 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Solo traveler - advice for weekend travel

As a solo traveller myself, I prefer to go Penang or Phuket for a weekend, taking a flight on Friday evening and coming back to Singapore on Sunday evening. Time sure flies fast. The flight time is about 2 hours. Usually, people will book tours once they landed. Enjoy your stay!

Another alternative could be a weekend cruises to nearby countries but it could be pricey as a single occupancy onboard . The cruise departs on Friday night and returns back on Sunday morning :

stamfordtravel.com.sg/pdf/dc-bintan.pdf

Mentioned in this post
Penang Island
Penang Island
Penang, Malaysia
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Kuching, Malaysia