We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Singapore Zoo - Park Hopper Ticket and Walking within

India
Level Contributor
44 posts
6 reviews
Singapore Zoo - Park Hopper Ticket and Walking within

Hello Fellas,

This is regarding Singapore Zoo. I understand Park hopper ticket is best option to cover; Singapore Zoo, Jurong Bird Park, Night Safari and River Safari. I have some queries..

1. Does it not get too much of zoo if I do all 4 ? Considering all are wildlife destinations ? Is it very repetitive ?

2. If I want to do 2 of 4, which 2 would you recommend ( I have River Safari and Jurong in mind to avoid repetitive wildlife) ?

3. In Singapore Zoo, I read they have golf cart commute facility at additional fees of $5 , Is it always available and to what extend does it reduces walking ? (Have elderly travelling with me)

4. How much time is required to cover each of these 4 attractions ? Can we plan for something in evening after 2 of these or will it be too tiring ?

9 replies to this topic
Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
10,699 posts
18 reviews
1. Re: Singapore Zoo - Park Hopper Ticket and Walking within

1) they are very different in focus despite being wildlife. You need to match the time devoted to them to your length of stay as they take alot of time out, so while I dont think its too much to see all of them, it may be that you want to see other things too,

2) Too subjective to answer. It depends on your interests, and your itinerary, as to which two to do. You wont get repetition so selecting the two because you feel that you have to in order to avoid that doesnt hold up in my opinion.

3) Its not a golf cart, its a mobility scooter. They are available on a first come first served basis and do sometimes run out when its very busy and if lots of people eant them. So best to arrive early and rent them first. You can use them to get round a lot of the paths, particularly between enclosures so it does reduce woking significantly, unlike the tram which people assume reduces walking but doesnt.

4) These places take time. The Night Safari fills and evening - if I go in at 7 then I leave gone 11pm - and has an effect on the day beforehand as you have to do light and easy stuff so as not to arrive tired. The River Safari is 3-4hours. The Zoo is essentially a whole day - I arrive at opening time and will leave after 4pm. The Bird Park I set aside 3/4 of a day.

I tend to do the zoo one day, which gives time in the evenin, the birdpark on a second which gives time for a bit of pool time or city exploring before or into the evening. Then I do a day where the morning is late, light and indoors and do the River Safari in the afternoon and the Night Safari in the evening. Its not uncomon to pair the zoo and river safari on one long day but its really hard work so I avoid that, equally the bird park and night safari some people do, but again I consider that suboptimal and avoid that option.

Edited: 01 August 2018, 16:53
India
Level Contributor
44 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: Singapore Zoo - Park Hopper Ticket and Walking within

Thanks myrm, Thanks Mate. Your reply was very descriptive and cleared lot of doubts.

I have planned for a 5 day trip and was thinking of visiting 2/4 Zoo related attractions. River Safari and Zoo on my mind. Need to find out how to cover optimally.

Can you please guide more on the mobility scooters in Zoo part. What time in morning one needs to arrive to ensure you get them, Is it self driven, how much does it costs additionally ?

Highly appreciate your inputs Mate. Cheers !!

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,377 posts
176 reviews
3. Re: Singapore Zoo - Park Hopper Ticket and Walking within

if you are only here 5 days, i would not do all 4. Max I will do is two, Zoo and RS. The Zoo on its own will also suffice, it is a beautiful park but it does involve a lot of walking. The trams run continuously and has several stops along the way but you can't really see that much on the trams in the Zoo.

Then I would do RS just because it's within the same vicinity and takes ~3 hours to complete. It's mostly shaded and the path is easier to walk. No trams or mobility scooters for hire here. So you can plan a 9am - 3 pm Zoo, 3 pm - 7 pm River Safari.

re: mobility scooters https:/…getting-around-the-zoo.html

India
Level Contributor
44 posts
6 reviews
4. Re: Singapore Zoo - Park Hopper Ticket and Walking within

Hey Thanks gumbokins,

Actually my old age parents are not able to walk much due to bad knees. That why I am wondering how to plan Zoo and River Safari. Mobility scooters is one option I have for Zoo.

River Safari, I assumed, it would be entirely on a boat/steamer along artificial river, wasn't aware, that it is also walking attraction.

Anways please suggest whats best.

Edited: 01 August 2018, 18:41
Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
10,699 posts
18 reviews
5. Re: Singapore Zoo - Park Hopper Ticket and Walking within

<<River Safari, I assumed, it would be entirely on a boat/steamer>>

Assuming is always a very bad idea. A basic thing to do for any attraction is, rather than just read third party commentary, is to look at the website. The vast majority of Singapore's attractions maintain good websites and the four WRS owned wildlife parks are no exception. It would have made it quite clear where the boat sections are and where the trail sections are in the map and the description.

The River Safari is comparatively small with plenty of places to sit, you want to walk slowly round any of these places in order to see them and sitting just to look is a worthwhile idea for anyone.

It also would let you see that they have the scooters too, since you have been directed to the overall site for the parks already and its two tabs over.

Note as well as the scooters both have wheelchairs as well which are free, if someone is prepared to push.

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
15 posts
11 reviews
6. Re: Singapore Zoo - Park Hopper Ticket and Walking within

Any idea on the Rainforest Lumina. How is it and what are the timings. I am planning to do Zoo in the morning, RS in the afternoon and Lumina j. The evening on the same day.

Edited: 01 August 2018, 21:55
Singapore
Level Contributor
1,377 posts
176 reviews
7. Re: Singapore Zoo - Park Hopper Ticket and Walking within

Rainforest Lumina is from 7.30 pm - midnight daily, it takes under 1 hour to complete

https:/…

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
8. Re: Singapore Zoo - Park Hopper Ticket and Walking within

We were at the zoo last week and it was PACKED. Trams were full with long waiting times. If you go during midday we were dissapointed most of the large animals were asleep and not visable We walked our feet down. Came away with blisters.

India
Level Contributor
44 posts
6 reviews
9. Re: Singapore Zoo - Park Hopper Ticket and Walking within

Really being skeptical about visit Zoo now :( nub3

I am thinking more of visiting River Safari and Jurong Bird Park

Reply to: Singapore Zoo - Park Hopper Ticket and Walking within
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted