We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Night Safari prices

Adelaide
Level Contributor
340 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Night Safari prices

Hi Guys!

We are heading to Singapore in July on our way back from Phuket. How are we best to book/pay for the Night Safari?

We're a family of 5 and want transfers, the dinner & Night Safari with tram etc.

Have found insango.com that are quoting AU$275 for all of the above. Is this about right?

Cheers,

Sam :-)

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,096 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Night Safari prices

<< We're a family of 5 and want transfers, the dinner & Night Safari with tram etc. >>

What is the composition in terms of Adults and Kids (or Children)? Only children at 12 years and under are entitled to Child prices.

Night Safari is S$32 per Adult and S$21 per child (3-12 yrs).

Taxi would cost about S$25 from the city, one-way. If you group consist of 2 adult parent and 3 teenagers, you would have to take 2 taxis.

If you DIY the Night Safari, it should work out to about S$260 for 5 Adults.

Adelaide
Level Contributor
340 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Night Safari prices

Thanks Kevin!

We are 2 adults (lets just say "mid" 40's lol) and the kids are 21, 18 & 10.

I think the AU$275 doesn't sound too bad? Return transfers in a coach (would prefer private, but having 5 of us is tricky!), dinner, entrance, tram ride etc.

:-)

Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Night Safari prices

Hi,

The S$32 mentioned above includes Entrance + tram, so that would work out to be S$160 for the whole family.

They have shuttle buses from various points in Singapore; have a look here:

www.nightsafari.com.sg/l2_t2.aspx…

AND I think they are free - best way is email them to confirm.

So if you just pay S$160, that works out to be A$123, which saves you quite a lot of money. Well, "a lot" is relative, I know, but for me, that's quite a lot! ;-P

It also depends on what the dinners are...and also what you want.

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
12,773 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Night Safari prices

Buy your ticket on the day at the gate, there no need to book. This way you can check the weather on the night.

Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
7,950 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Night Safari prices

As soon as you go with a tour you are locked into a date and specific times for visiting - bad if they decide on an early departure or later arrival and if the weather is off that night you cannot delay to another night.

If you DIY including taxi at time of choice, full price entry which includes the tram since the middle of last year (ie assuming no discount from using a Parkhopper or an airline discount or similar) then you end up as stated spending 260SGD or so for 5, thats 200AUS. You can certainly eat for 5 people for less than 75AUS - thats about 100SGD and you can eat well too at 20SGD a head.

So doing it yourself probably saves some money even if only small amounts if you include a decent dinner, retains complete flexibility for your as to when to go and gains effectively a private transfer by using taxis. You can definitely save more by following Jade advice on the shuttles though they lose too much time for my liking, personally.

For these tours you are paying primarily for someone to have organised it all and just whisk you away - nice and convenient definitely, but it does come at a price other than simple cash (flexibility and personal preferences on the tours) as well as the premium cost of the convenience. if that cost is worth it to you, go for it - but for me it would not be.

THe single biggest question I would ask of the tour is 'what are the timings' - if the tour arrival and return plus the dinner stop eat into the time animal-side then you are losing out. I go into the Night Safari as the gates open and tend to leave between 10.30 to 11pm feeling like I have done all I want to - that does not get me time to go into the Amphitheatre Show incidentally so you need to add time if you want to do that.

Rushing at the Night Safari is a sure fire way in my opinion to lose out as you need time to spend quietly waiting at several exhibits simply for the animals to appear as many hide when exposed to noise (a big group thundering past for example), or sudden light (ie someone fires off their flash against the rules for whatever reason deliberate or accidental). Anything that encroaches on that time is bad in my experience.

Singapore
Level Contributor
2,565 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Night Safari prices

Yeah the problem with these packaged tour options is that the timing is very inflexible and you can't come and go as you please. You may end up having a rushed dinner or not really managing to see anything at the Night Safari because the transport leaves at a fixed time.

DrH
Atlanta
Level Contributor
218 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Night Safari prices

My 2 cents (American). I don't like zoos, and I don't care for "tourist spots". We took my young teen to Night Safari several years ago on our last trip to Singapore. It was absolutely fabulous, and worth both the entry fee, as well as the plane ride over, so enjoy yourselves, and don't miss it. My most memorable moment: I got peed on by a bat. And it was one very, very big bat. Not too many people who can boast that claim!

Dr H

Adelaide
Level Contributor
340 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Night Safari prices

DrH, glad you can laugh about it now! :-) Not sure I'd be so forgiving! lol

We are DEFINITELY doing the Night Safari and really want to do it ourselves (hubby and I have been there about 12 yrs ago) but really wanted to know if its easy to organise seeing there's 5 of us!

Thanks everyone for your help so far!

Sam :-)

9. Re: Night Safari prices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 15:46