We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My rant and Should I continue with Jetstar?

SG
3 posts
Save Topic
My rant and Should I continue with Jetstar?

My rant:

I think there's a competition to be the rudest customer service officer (CSO) in Jetstar's hotline. Here's what happened.

Yesterday I called the SG number to ask why my itinerary was not emailed even after 24 hrs. I got my answer, but while I was about to ask my 2nd question, the CSO just hung up!

This morning, I had to call again to ask about payment. Today's CSO (maybe it's the same person) did one better: she hung up while I was still in the middle of my sentence!

I certainly hope this is not a preview of what my flight with Jetstar is going to be like. Should I proceed with payment or just switch to AirAsia? About the same price anyway.

If you've flown with Jetstar recently on the SIN-BKK route, appreciate your comments.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,128 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My rant and Should I continue with Jetstar?

Although I do not travel with them... I have often booked with JetStar, Tiger Airways and AirAsia for my friends withhout any problem. Always received email confirmation with no problems. Have booked about 10 times over the past year online.

You just need to make sure that you fill in your email address accurately when buying your ticket online. You would have also paid for your airticket at the last stage, afterwhich a reservation code should appear on the final webpage of the transaction. Just print that final page. If you get to that final page where the Reservation / Booking Code appears, your ticket is confirmed. Therefore, I am not sure what do you mean by "...Should I proceed with payment...".

North Yorkshire...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Rhodes
Level Contributor
5,713 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: My rant and Should I continue with Jetstar?

I'm a tad confused, which is not difficult at my age, but how can you receive a flight itinerary BEFORE you make a payment ? Alan

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
3,167 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My rant and Should I continue with Jetstar?

Regularly fly Jetstar KUL/SIN return, no worries. Once payment's made, itinerary sent to my email addy within the hour.

Alan's right with his question: how can you be provided with an itinerary if you've yet to purchase your ticket?

SG
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: My rant and Should I continue with Jetstar?

ahh... confused? So was I. That's why I had to call and ask. Now why did I get the idea that I would be sent the itinerary b4 payment? Because of the webpage with this message after I've made the booking:

"Reservation Status: On Hold

Please note that your itinerary may take up to 24 hours to receive. "

I did not mention that I chose the "Offline Payment" mode. i.e. pay at 7-11 or the SAM machines instead of using your credit card online. Guess this is something new. I like the option.

So, until I make the payment, my booking is on hold. And if I don't pay within 48 hrs, my booking will be cancelled. That's why I can still choose not to pay.

Singapore
Level Contributor
281 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: My rant and Should I continue with Jetstar?

I have made many bookings with Jetstar, using both online (credit card) & offline payment mode. Payment by offline saves you the $3 per-way booking fee. You just need to go to the nearest SAM machine or Singpost or 7-11. (Do note your booking reference no.)

Reservation "on hold" status means that Jetstar will automatically release the booking if it fails to receive your payment within 24 hours. I'm not sure of this timeframe. Once I rang the CSO & I was told I had to pay by 12 midnight the same day which was no problem at all. Upon payment, Jetstar immediately sends you the itinerary via email.

I guess you are merely ranting as the CSO disconnected the line before you were able to get your answers in full. The whole booking process for Jetstar is systematic & hassle-free. You probably should decide what you really want.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,128 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: My rant and Should I continue with Jetstar?

Oppps... Did you forget to note down your Booking Code when you make the reservations? You need to make your payment with that Booking Code.

North Yorkshire...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Rhodes
Level Contributor
5,713 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: My rant and Should I continue with Jetstar?

All this fuss to save three bucks by paying offline ? I really couldn't be bothered. I book, I pay, it's that simple. Why would a person book with the option of cancelling?

If I'm not sure what I want, I don't book. All these phone calls must have cost more than the $3.00 you saved by offline payment, but hey, that's just my opinion. Alan.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
191 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: My rant and Should I continue with Jetstar?

I have paid with the SAM machine 3 hours ago, and it's still listed as On Hold. Is this normal?

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,128 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: My rant and Should I continue with Jetstar?

Do allow at least 24-hrs for the system to update. They are not instantly updated to the JetStar system. So long as you have the receipt of payment from the SAM you are fine.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
3,306 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: My rant and Should I continue with Jetstar?

Give me Jetstar anytime over Tiger Airways. At least they have a local contact number to call should you ever require it.

Personally, I feel as if Tiger Airways is trying its best to avoid contact with their customer as far as it possibly can. Log on to Tiger Airways' web page and you'll realise that there is no local contact no. listed on their site to call or to email.