We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

General timing question for attractions

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,788 posts
145 reviews
General timing question for attractions

With flights and hotel booked, the building of a viable itinerary gathers pace. While I was doing my research I suddenly realised...

We arrive on Saturday (15/12) evening and depart on 20/12. From experience, weekend is when locals come out to play. We have a long list of attractions like GBTB, zoo, Chinatown, bird park, museums and orchard Rd, etc. What should we do on the Sunday that will not be a crush of people?

BTW, any recommendation for a site to pre-purchase attraction tickets online?

I will be getting ezlink tourist passes.

3 replies to this topic
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
13,774 posts
22 reviews
1. Re: General timing question for attractions

Hi, just get the regular EZLink card, not the tourist pass.

You are travelling during the local school holiday period so even weekdays may be more crowded. I think the crowd isn't that bad unless it is a theme park. The Zoo and Jurong Bird Park are huge spaces s should be okay for weekends.

Edited: 15 November 2018, 08:27
Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
10,285 posts
26 reviews
2. Re: General timing question for attractions

Hi,

Two places I would recommend you avoid on Sundays are Little India and Orchard Road. Weekends are when the thousands of foreign workers here have their day off. While those from the Indian sub-continent would congregate at Little India, domestic helpers, mostly Filipinos, tend to congregate at Orchard Road. I had difficulty walking down the pedestrian walkway along Orchard Road (between Somerset and Orchard stations) during a recent outing. It was just too crowded.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,788 posts
145 reviews
3. Re: General timing question for attractions

Thanks for the advice. I was planning to do a loop around Marina Bay on Sunday. Hopefully GBTB is not too crowded in the evening

Reply to: General timing question for attractions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted