We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

it is still safe to go to Cebu this weekend?

Hong Kong
10 posts
Save Topic
it is still safe to go to Cebu this weekend?

"The Philippine government called off the summit, which had been set to take place this week, because of what it said were concerns about typhoon “Seniang” "

some say it's about terrorist.......

anyway,i m more concern on the typhoon....

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
9,000 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: it is still safe to go to Cebu this weekend?

Hello

All we had in Cebu was heavy rain on Saturday.

Yesterday was hot and sunny, with occasional rain. Today has been hot and Sunny with no rain.

The weather forecast for tomorrow, the supposed start if the summit, is thunderstorms.

However, I have seen images on television of devestation on the neighbouring island of Leyte, fom the typhoon.

So, it's up to you!

Regards: JIm Sibbick

sibbick61@yahoo.com.au

Cagayan de Oro...
Level Contributor
149 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: it is still safe to go to Cebu this weekend?

You know what, try to read the British travel advisory website. They have terrorism advisory on Thailand and Australia. So whats new? Again the media is trying to make a big thing out of it for the sake of the readers. It would make good news that the summit was canceled due to terrorism than a typhoon. Besides when Vietnam hosted the APEC summit which was attended by President George Bush, the British did not made any advisory. I guess if President Bush attended the Cebu summit, the British would have sung a different tune.....

3. Re: it is still safe to go to Cebu this weekend?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2009, 12:48