We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry Schedules Batangas,Mindoro,Caticlan.

Laguna
1 post
Save Topic
Ferry Schedules Batangas,Mindoro,Caticlan.

Does anybody know the Ferry Schedules from Batangas-Mindoro,Roxas-caticlan?

Boracay Island...
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry Schedules Batangas,Mindoro,Caticlan.

There is some schedule info which may or may not be current at www.travelmart.net/philippines/nautical.htm

There is some contact info which may or may not be current at dotc.gov.ph/actioncenter/roro_directory.htm

There is some general info about travel between Nanila and Boracay on the "Traveling to and from Boracay" page at http://www.boracayinfo.net

Manila, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Manila
Level Contributor
1,182 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry Schedules Batangas,Mindoro,Caticlan.

For Batangas- Mindoro(Calapan) go to www.supercat.com.ph. You can buy your tickes on that website.

Philippines
Level Contributor
329 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry Schedules Batangas,Mindoro,Caticlan.

Do you mean the RORO?

MV Virgin Mary of MBRS sails direct from Pier8, North Harbor, Manila to Caticlan, with a quick stop-over at Romblon if I am not mistaken. It would be much more comfortable, convenient and faster.

Be prepared that though you may arrive by 7am in the shores of caticlan, the ship won't necessarily be able to dock until after 2 hours. The jetty port is only able to accommodate 1 ship at a time to unload the passengers. But that's nothing compared to getting on and off, without ever being sure of the scheds being perfectly coordinated.

Cebu
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry Schedules Batangas,Mindoro,Caticlan.

There is a lot of pretty current information at http://schedule.ph. They have a page just for Batangas-Mindoro

schedule.ph/boat/…Oriental-Mindoro

alkhobar
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Ferry Schedules Batangas,Mindoro,Caticlan.

cebusk8ter,

that was helpful!

Boracay Island...
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Ferry Schedules Batangas,Mindoro,Caticlan.

First MBRS -- they have been not servicing the Boracay-Caticlan route for the past year or so. Rumour has it that they had financial troubles, but I'm not sure of that. Over the last few months they have reportedly run a few trips on the route, but are not in regular service. My wife had been told that they were going to begin service again on 7 March. We happened to be in Manila, and tried to obtain tickets for this trip. We were told that the trip had been canceled, that they did intend to restore service, but no certain date has been set for restoring service.

Second- RO-RO. I had traveled Manila-Caticlan previously both with an end-to-end bus ticket and by scatch-as-catch-can transport on the individual legs. It's about a 12 hour trip if you make good connections, so a late-night departure from Manila works best. I traveled back this time (arriving yesterday morning) by bus because I had a lot of luggage and didn't want to load & unload several times.

From Manila, you can start your RORO journey by bus either in Pasay or in Cubao. The wife went to Pasay a few days in advance to check schedules and came back with news of only morning departures being available. We both stopped by the bus terminal behind Ali Mall in Cubao, where we found several bus companies servicing the route but the latest scheduled departure being 2PM, which surprised and disappointed me.

We traveled with ALPS bus company with the 2PM departure. The bus arrived in Batangas about 5, made a good connection with the ferry, got off at Calipan and drove to Roxas -- arriving at 11PM. There was then a 6-7 hour wait at Roxas for the ferry to Caticlan. The ferry left Roxas about 6AM and arrived in Caticlan about 10AM. Travel between Roxas and Caticlan was pretty uncomfortable due to strong winds and a 1 to 1.5 meter chop.

7. Re: Ferry Schedules Batangas,Mindoro,Caticlan.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2009, 17:50