We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How many days do you recommend staying in Boracay?

New York, NY
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
How many days do you recommend staying in Boracay?

Hi all,

My husband and I will be going to Boracay from Manila in March. We were also thinking of visiting Bohol. It seems like, however, you have to fly back to Manila to go on to Bohol. I am wondering if it is worth the travel time since we only have 8 days. Would you recommend just staying in Boracay for 7-8 days - is there enough to do and enjoy? Or would you also recommend trying to see another place? We will also be with 2 other couples.

Thanks!

Edited: 05 January 2010, 20:54
Manila
Destination Expert
for Manila
Level Contributor
3,355 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How many days do you recommend staying in Boracay?

There is more to Boracay than sea and sand.

If you search on TripAdvisor, you will see many things to do.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
7,888 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How many days do you recommend staying in Boracay?

Plenty of activities on Boracay to fill in your days but for touring, you can see the whole island in a few hours, then go for a boat ride around the island in another 2 hours.

Back to Manila may be the easist option for Bohol.

You can trek to Bohol. It is a bus ride to Iloilo City, boat to Bacolod City, bus to Dumaguete City, boat to Tagbilaran Bohol.

You can also fly to Mactan Cebu then fast ferry from Cebu City to Tagbilaran Bohol. The plane ride is about 45 minutes and the fast ferry is about 90 minutes but this option will still take up about half a day with transfers and waiting to board.

Regards: Jim

Edited: 06 January 2010, 02:57
New York, NY
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: How many days do you recommend staying in Boracay?

Thanks Jim!

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
14,648 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How many days do you recommend staying in Boracay?

dont waste your 8 days negotiating transport that more than average will be late...plop yourself down and enjoy Boracay...much to do and see or NOTHING to do except relax...

5. Re: How many days do you recommend staying in Boracay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2010, 20:34
Boracay, Philippines
Level Contributor
922 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: How many days do you recommend staying in Boracay?

There are no limits as to the number of days, weeks or years.

You cry two times when going going to Boracay: once upon your arrival on white beach as it is breathtaking and once you leave to go home! (for those who decided to go home) :)

U>S>A>
Level Contributor
500 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How many days do you recommend staying in Boracay?

You have that right Mastur..I could not agree more..

Boracay is mystical and you may leave the island but the island never leaves you after being there.

Thomas

alkhobar
Level Contributor
3,074 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How many days do you recommend staying in Boracay?

three times. when you walk on the main street, not on emotional reason but pollution.

and also when the mystery and stars in your eyes wear off. make that 4th.

Manila
Destination Expert
for Manila
Level Contributor
3,355 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How many days do you recommend staying in Boracay?

Ignore the sarcastic comments and instead think about why many people return to Boracay year after year.

It may not be perfect in everybody's eyes but it is still paradise to most visitors and residents.

Austria
Level Contributor
119 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How many days do you recommend staying in Boracay?

I was first time 1983 in Boracay, so it was like paradise.

Will be next week again in boracay I still like it.

Stay at Boat station 1 and 7 days will pass by so fast and you will come back to Boracay.

Have a great time