We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dress attire for Nightlife in Boracay

Houston
Level Contributor
125 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Dress attire for Nightlife in Boracay

Just a quick question... I have been reading up on the nightlife and activities in Boracay, and it seems like everything you want to get to, you travel on "sand" to get to it... So what do women wear when they go out to clubs and disco's.. I am assuming no heels....lol

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,116 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dress attire for Nightlife in Boracay

most people overpack for boracay and dont need what they bring. Shorts and T-shirts for men and for women, well shorts and T-shirts :-) Light summer dresses are fine..NO NO heels. Actually people who dress up look a bit out of place no to mention get hounded more by the vendors.

Jersey Shore
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dress attire for Nightlife in Boracay

No heels on women and absolutely no dress shoes for men. Sandals are very well recommended. Travel light. T-shirts, tank-tops, shorts, bathing suit, maybe a pair of jeans.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,116 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dress attire for Nightlife in Boracay

bring a light jacket or windbreaker, it can get cooler at night, especially if sunburned.

Houston
Level Contributor
125 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dress attire for Nightlife in Boracay

lol... Yea No heels for me...lol Do women really wear t-shirts to the club or do they wear "club tops" (sequins, sparkles, etc.)

But sundresses are ok for the disco's??!

I am so the one that would over dress.....lol (That's why i am asking trying to save myself the embarressment...lol)

Vancouver, Wn.
Level Contributor
427 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dress attire for Nightlife in Boracay

Most of the clubs in Boracay are probably a lot more casual than what you are thinking of. Think more of open air venues with loud music and lots of beer to drink. And I would say that T-shirts are perfectly acceptable to party in anywhere in Boracay.

Ottawa,Canada
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dress attire for Nightlife in Boracay

mzdiggs,

...dress is very casual on Boracay

...but a sundress...skirt and nice top would be fine too

..sandals

..although I have seen people walk in high heels on the beach...lol they are the exception not the norm.

...pack light...

..hope you have a great trip

Rob

Lone Star, Texas
Level Contributor
72 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dress attire for Nightlife in Boracay

Hi, mzdiggs!

Pardon me...guys!(who commented about how women dresses when they go out to clubs and disco's on Boracay)....maybe you need to pay more attention on what women are wearing!

I've been going to all those clubs & disco's on Boracay and as far as I could remember(was there just last year)....we WOMEN..always dress up a little bit and not just your usual t-shirt and beach sandals.

Most women you see around the clubs/discos, usually wear a nice top...halter, spaghetti straps, tube, etc. with jeans or skirts. Also some of them wears colorful sundresses! It's like our night out, so we usually pretty up ourselves a 'lil bit! =)

Talking about sandals...we usually don't wear just plain old beach sandals(flip flop or "smuggle")on our night out, usually what you see are women wearing "fashion sandals" with wedge heels(1"to 2".. even 3"!..some even with sequins). As you know, wedge heels are so different from spike and stiletto heels, and that's what you see on most sandals women are wearing nowadays....WEDGE!

Also, when you go to those clubs/disco's, usually you take a tricycle(mode of transpo)from your hotel, or just walk if it's nearby. They have a cemented main road, and you don't need to walk on "sand"...unless there's no choice.

If you check some videos on Boracay and go to some of the clubs/disco's featured there, you'll see how women really dresses up for those clubs hopping.

Have fun....you'll love Boracay's nightlife!

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,116 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dress attire for Nightlife in Boracay

all of this shows there is an array and a range of what people wear under one category, dress casual. People walking with heels on the beach path look foolish as the heels drop down into the sand.

Houston
Level Contributor
125 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dress attire for Nightlife in Boracay

lol.. Thank you so much LibraScorpio....lol Because I surely was about to change my whole "nightlife" attire...lol

Do you all think that the nightlife in Boracay is around the same as the nightlife in Cebu City??

Thank you all for your input!!

Ottawa,Canada
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dress attire for Nightlife in Boracay

LibraScorpio,

..I was paying more attention to what they were not wearing..lol

...of course its nice to dress up...I wear power suits but not on Boracay

...I didnt realize my post was so conservative

...austere..hope I spelled that right

...anyway its great that a member of the fairer sex responded to my beach vagabond post

..admittedly I usually travel in the off season and club wear was not prominent..

..have fun I am gladthat I didnt cramp your style

Rob