We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zest Air

Bataan
11 posts
Save Topic
Zest Air

can anyone out there help me about Zest Air. they have the cheapest fare to boracay from manila. i was wondering if someone out there who tried this airlines might give me some information. thanks in advanced.

Manila
Level Contributor
993 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Zest Air

There are many threads about Zest Air in this forum, some of then recently and also titled "ZEST AIR" - keep on looking. All your answers are there...

Bataan
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Zest Air

got it. thanks

manila
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Zest Air

Zest Air is formerly Asian Spirit. Tried them before when going there in Boracay..yes, they've got the cheapest fare, i just wouldnt know if their planes now are entirely new...try to read reviews on Asian Spirit for some ideas... Cheers! :)

Bataan
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Zest Air

thanks for the info. read a lot of bad reviews.

Ottawa,Canada
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Zest Air

...exactly...reading is believing

..there is a wealth of information in old posts

...sometimes it is better to read them for yourself and make up your own mind

...on the bright side Zest is a great soap!

Rob

San Mateo, CA
Level Contributor
133 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Zest Air

Don't fly Zest Air!

Someone I know had cousins who experienced a crash just the other day and no one from Zest Air had the guts or balls to face them when they were (all three) rushed to the hospital.

Pay a little more -- there are better airlines out there.

Ottawa,Canada
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Zest Air

...great PR for Zest

...too bad for your friends

...glad they were not seriously hurt

Rob

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
14,656 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Zest Air

zest air planes look like a piece of crap with a nice paint job. Fly them to save money if foolish. Hello, they just crashed.

Boracay Island...
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Zest Air

Various airlines servicing Caticlan list their fleet info as follows:

Zest Air: http://www.zestair.com.ph/our_fleet.htm

Cebu Pacific: cebupacificair.com/aboutus/fleet/index.html

SeAir: http://www.flyseair.com/ourfleet

Air Philippines: Their website doesn't seem to contain fleet info. There is some info of unknown reliability at en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Philippines#Fleet

Not all of the aircraft listed on the above web pages fly in to Caticlan, of course. The B737s and A320s are much too large for Caticlan.

Boracay Island...
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Zest Air

At 9:25 pm, January 03, 2009, Hypered remarked, "i just wouldnt know if their planes now are entirely new".

A search for Zest Air at http://www.ch-aviation.ch/aircraft.php turns up some info about their fleet. The info is a bit outdated, but it lists five MA-60 aircraft (one of those being the recent crash) as having been delivered new to Zest Air. The rest of the fleet is older, having been acquired from other airlines.

A 22 Oct 2008 article at …blogspot.com/2008/10/yao-undertakes-zest-ai… speaks of a $200 million refleeting plan and mentions that the five MA-60 had already been delivered at that time.

An article dated 09/03/2008 at …inquirer.net/money/features/view/20080903-1… (from the URL, I'm guessing that is 3 Sept, not 9 Mar) speaks of Asian Spirit (which was acquired by Zest) being "... set to acquire five Xian MA60".

So, the time in operation of the crashed aircraft appears to be somewhere around four months.