We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation From Iloilo City to Boracay

zhongshan
6 posts
Save Topic
Transportation From Iloilo City to Boracay

Hi!

Need your help guys. i'll be travelling to boracay from Iloilo City next month. What transportation can you suggest. How much and how long is the travel. Is there a bus or a mini van from Iloilo city to boracay. What is their earliest time departure from iloilo and where is the terminal? how much is the price? If by taxi form iloilo to boracay, how much also?

thanks again!

Boracay Island
Level Contributor
1,899 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation From Iloilo City to Boracay

There are plenty buses and minivans plying the route Iloilo - Kalibo - Caticlan. The minivans Iloilo - Kalibo have their own terminal. Ask any taxi or jeepney driver in Iloilo. He knows. Ceres is a big bus company servicing the route iloilo - Kalibo - Caticlan. They have their own terminal and direct buses, Express buses, slow buses. The earliest leaves at 3 AM.

Taxi Iloilo - Caticlan cost between 3 to 3,500 P. Eventually more, as gasoline prices went up again! Expensive for one, cheaper and very convenient for 3 pax or more. Ask any taxi driver in Iloilo.

Good trip

philippines usually
Level Contributor
147 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation From Iloilo City to Boracay

best way is to take the ceres liner aircon bus from the terminal in iloilo straight to caticlan ,p233 takes 5 to 6 hours. ask any taxi in iloilo to take you to the ceres terminal, it is 20 minutes north of iloilo city. just turn up in the morning at the terminal ,the busses leave often or go when full. it is usually comfortable (unless the aircon breaks down). the road is a bit bumpy so i wouldnt recommend a taxi or mini van.

fairfield...
Level Contributor
888 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation From Iloilo City to Boracay

March, 2006, I hired a van from the ferry station, Iloilo City to Caticlan - one way. Cost --P2500 plus the driver's lunch. I think it was reasonable, considering there were four people in our party. However, when I arrived at the hotel, the manager asked me how much I paid. When I told him, his response was "you paid too much"...

so, you go figure... :-)

Good Luck!

Papalo

Boracay Island
Level Contributor
1,899 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation From Iloilo City to Boracay

So, papalo, you think the taxis from Iloilo to Caticlan charge the same price today as 18 months ago? And still overcharged! Let me know which taxi company charges only 2,500 or less for my future trips!

ryd
sydney, australia
Level Contributor
423 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation From Iloilo City to Boracay

Jan. 2007

i inquired from the cab driver who was taking us to Ceres Bus terninal in Iloilo, how much it would cost me if here were to pick us from Caticlan and back to Iloilo.

he didnt give an amount but asked me to make an offer, i said 3 K and he was fine with it. 3000 pesos is basically paying for the 2 trips he has to make since he will be originating from Iloilo.

i'm glad i didnt call him to fetch us since a great length of the road in Capiz was just abysmal. lots of pot holes and some are muddy gravel. Another thing is if the cab breaks down, how will he get help since his franchise doesn't ply that route normally. Ceres buses can always get roadside assistance from their other buses.

In rougher roads, the bus has much better traction and made it less bumpy in that area, If it were a car or even an SUV, i think it would have been a much tougher ride.

back to the poster:

take the bus at Tagbac Terminal, Jaro

230+ pesos (last Jan) one way.

i was able to take a 5:30 am bus (2 years ago) and arrived in boracay just before 12 noon. give yourself 5-6 hours for the bus ride.

fairfield...
Level Contributor
888 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation From Iloilo City to Boracay

Davi-Boy,

Adjusting for inflation and existing exchange rate for the raised in value of the peso from a year ago, wouldn't you think the P2500 would be in line with your estimate of P3-3500 of today to rent a taxi/van? I thought it was very reasonable then but the manager thought otherwise. - It's a matter of perception. Don't you think so?

The trip was enjoyable. The company was great. The driver was very entertaining.... told us many local jokes (mostly Estrada jokes).

BTW, my buddy tipped him a nickel!! (p500). :-)

Regards,

Papalo

Boracay Island
Level Contributor
1,899 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Transportation From Iloilo City to Boracay

Last time I ordered a taxi to wait for us in Caticlan to bring us to Iloilo. he cost was 3,000 P. Upon arrival in Caticlan the taxi was waiting already and we decided to drive the Antique road to Iloilo, which is longer, more scenic and less traffic. The road is also much better. The driver asked for an additional 500 Peso. And of course it's perception: only a few can afford to pay 3,000 P. for a taxi. However: nobody is forced to take a taxi, there are many cheaper variations and the Express Ceres liners are almost as fast as taxis.

zhongshan
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Transportation From Iloilo City to Boracay

hello guys!

Thank you all for sharing here. i might decide to take that ceres bus instead since they have a very early trip to caticlan also and it's also affordable. by the way does the ceres terminal in caticlan is near the jetty port to boracay? or do i need to take a ' trike taxis' from ceres terminal in boracay to the jetty port? How much would it cost me. I'm making my budget so that i'll just bring enough funds with me in boracay.

thanks again!

ryd
sydney, australia
Level Contributor
423 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Transportation From Iloilo City to Boracay

the ceres bus parking lot in caticlan is just a 5 minute walk (or even less) from Caticlan terminal. Its not a big terminal but just a bus space for 2.

as you get out of the jetty building, cross the road and turn right and theyre there at the extreme end.

10. Re: Transportation From Iloilo City to Boracay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2009, 18:47