We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Friday's Fence?

Seattle, Washington
12 posts
Save Topic
Friday's Fence?

Does anyone know what the deal is with the fence Friday's has put around their beach area? I just saw this in a few pictures and it looks like it's trying to keep people out or something.

Thanks

Boracay, Philippines
Level Contributor
922 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Friday's Fence?

It is not a fence but a wind breaker similar to the ones put up by all the beach front resorts. It should be removed after the monsoon and typhoon season

Boracay Island
Level Contributor
1,900 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Friday's Fence?

Yeah - it's not for people, but to keep the wind out

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
732 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Friday's Fence?

It's a "normal" scene for the beachfront resorts along White Beach during Habagat season. They usually start putting these up as protection from mid June to late October or early November.

Boracay, Philippines
Level Contributor
922 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Friday's Fence?

Just went to Fridays last night for Happy Hour and the fences are already removed.

On another note, Discovery is polluting the air with their loud house music being played beach front. What a total lack of respect for people who like peace and quiet on the north beach! From Fridays bar, we could all hear the bass from their music and it was kinda disturbing the accoustic guitarist of Fridays.

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Friday's Fence?

Are Discovery still doing that? What a shame. They promote themselves as such an upmarket and professional establishment, and that's just tacky. It puts me off wanting to come up to Fridays for a sunset cocktail, which I was planning to do some time soon, now the weather is good.

Boracay Island
Level Contributor
1,900 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Friday's Fence?

Advise to Fridays: Organize three 500 Watt loudspeaker and an amplifier and blast Discovery with heavy sound (heavy metall) as soon as they start their afternoon disco. When they stop - you stop. When they start again - you start again. I'm sure after that they will come to discuss the problem!

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Friday's Fence?

May I suggest a little Black Sabbath? ;)

8. Re: Friday's Fence?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2009, 07:48